View Full Version : yo-zuri MagDarters

pops02
08-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Do the mag darters come in both floating and sinking styles ? What type of action should i be getting on these plugs. fished one the other night, and it seemed to dig deep, with a tight wiggle only when i retrieved it more than half way in, the first half of the retrieve it didnt seem to have alot of action on it, the water was not moving all that much where i was fishing.

Raven
08-02-2003, 05:51 AM
i think they are good lures, and i had a nice keeper steal mine (mackeral color) on the first cast using a silver colored leader.
you have to jerk them hard to get them to dive at first and sometimes i stick my rod into the water to alter the dive angle because the lip or angled mouth isn't that large so they run semi shallow as a floater /diver style lure. here's more info below.
http://digitaldagger.com/plugs/yozuri1.html

Christian
08-02-2003, 09:01 AM
i like em, a little expensive cause there yozuris, but they catch fish. they have there place in my bag when ever i get enough mula to buy them.
bronze, blue mack, black.

Mike P
08-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Most of my darter experience has been with bigger darters, like Gibbs and Superstrike. With those, you do not feel any throbbing or swimming thru the line and rod. But as long as you can feel tension on the line, the plug is doing what it's supposed to do ;)

You'll get the best result out of darters in current. Yozuris do have more built-in swimming action than classic darters, but they still need a little water movement to work at their best. Sometimes all it takes is just a little wave action. In flat water without much movement, a Crystal Minnow or a Tobimaru is a better choice.

JHABS
08-02-2003, 12:07 PM
A most EXCELLENT choice WHEN SMALL BAIT IS around

Biteme
08-02-2003, 02:17 PM
I killed them this spring at night in calm water. Slow along the top with a twitch or hesitation once in a while. It will outcast a bomber. The one thing I did notice is that the finish dosen't hold up, so I'll sand them down and paint them flat black. Also on the smaller of the two sizes (I don't remember the weight) the trebles where to small. I just bumped up a few sizes, it won't float but will still catch fish.

jeffsod
08-04-2003, 06:29 AM
I have had good luck with em on the outer cape beachs. Cast well for their light weight. Last time out though those super sharp hooks kept snagging that green tissue like seaweed that seems prevalent at a lot of those beaches lately.

Mr. Sandman
08-04-2003, 09:20 AM
2 seasons ago...I had remarkable success with them on calm nights. They cast well for a lure that size/weight. That mag weight works well. I think they tend to work whrn the conditions are on the calm side...a light chop. is ok but one it starts to blow a little, break out the wood.
I keep two in my bag all the time.

pops02
08-04-2003, 02:56 PM
thanks for the advice guys, i appreciate it.