View Full Version : Waders again

Guppy
05-05-2016, 06:57 PM
I gets back from raking hogs the other day and I'm soaked from my jewels down... 3 Jr. Old LL Bean sock foot....
Can't say that I abused them and not sure if I'm expecting too much for them to have last longer... $100.00
Brought them back, clerk says it's my call,,, out the door with a brand new pair ...$000.00

Should I have paid for them?

TIA, the dry guy

Sea Dangles
05-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Just the fact you have started this thread is proof that the Bean way is still working just fine.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
05-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Their warranty is great. You did fine.

wdmso
05-06-2016, 04:07 AM
If you got them from the outlet dont be surprised if the same thing happens again.. My experience with their stuff hasn't been so pleasant

PaulS
05-06-2016, 07:21 AM
If you did not abuse them, then I wouldn't have paid.

bloocrab
05-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Unless you maliciously damaged them, it all depends on your expectations.

This is copied directly from their webpage:

100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We make pieces that last, and if they don’t, we want to know about it. So if it’s not working or fitting or standing up to its task, we’ll take it back. L.L. himself always said that he didn’t consider a sale complete “until goods are worn out and the customer still satisfied.”

I take very good care of my equipment. Washdowns, adequate drying time and proper storage. That leads me to believe that they should "last" a very LONG time. Very few retailers offer such a great warranty. It would be wrong to not use it to its' fullest.

stripermaineiac
05-08-2016, 04:47 AM
I've been doing it for yrs, As I was told way back by them it keeps people coming back. The customer service makes them more money than the catalog sales. I bet you spent more money there while you looked around

Guppy
05-08-2016, 05:20 AM
I've been doing it for yrs, As I was told way back by them it keeps people coming back. The customer service makes them more money than the catalog sales. I bet you spent more money there while you looked around

Correcto! 😀

bart
05-08-2016, 05:58 AM
I used to feel awkward about it, but they don't even blink an eye an when you come in to replace an old pair. Very nice people who work in the Mansfield store.

The initial purchase has to be one of the better investments a surf fisherman can make, IMO. Yes, there are better and more durable brands, ie Simms, but for the money you can't beat the Bean.

Rob Rockcrawler
05-08-2016, 08:41 AM
I have a guilt complex with them sometimes as well. My current bean waders have about 10 patches on them, this is my 3rd season. All but 1 leak is self inflicted. I can't find the one leak that i didn't make. If they develop another leak on a seam i will bring them back because i really wont be satisfied. I paid full rice for 3 pairs so far, call me a sucker. I really shouldn't feel guilty you know it costs them about 13 bucks to make a 300 dollar pair of waders, the nimble fingers of the Chinese and all.

JohnnySaxatilis
05-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Absolute hands down no brainer to buy bean waders. I take em back all the time if they leak. Sometimes they just flat out stink and I want a new pair. Haven't paid for waders in years. People are great there in Mansfield. I live on the cape and just drive up there because the Wareham outlet usually doesn't have the kennebec stocking foot, and I'm literally in and out of the other store in 5 minutes if I call ahead.

basswipe
05-08-2016, 09:37 AM
There's going to be a new store opening at Garden City in Cranston fairly soon.

redlite
05-08-2016, 11:45 AM

From the nightly news Things seem so Funged up in cranston id be afraid of either gettin shot or ticketed if i went there

Guppy
05-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Came home dry as a bone this morning,,, LOL 👍

Clammer
05-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Gup / that,s what cream/oil is for ><<><>:hs:

piemma
05-08-2016, 03:44 PM

Awesome. Do you know when?

Guppy
05-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Gup / that,s what cream/oil is for ><<><>:hs:

I'll try it.... :hidin:

bart
05-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Meanwhile....

http://www.wcvb.com/news/three-arrested-in-connection-with-shoplifting-in-mansfield/39440548?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&ut

Nebe
05-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Meanwhile....

http://www.wcvb.com/news/three-arrested-in-connection-with-shoplifting-in-mansfield/39440548?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&ut

Good life choices right there

Guppy
05-09-2016, 05:17 AM
I guess they would have noticed me walking out the door with waders on,,,,
NEWS UPDATE
" man arrested running down I-495 with waders on" :walk: 😎

tattoobob
05-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Last pair I returned had my blood on them were still wet and loaded with sand, The lady wasn't to happy at the front desk but they took them back

Adamfishes
05-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Why would you feel guilty? I just returned a pair that leaked after 2-3 months of use. Put some money into and bought the top of the line waders they make, hopefully these ones will last longer.