View Full Version : Weekend Plans

JohnR
05-06-2016, 07:30 AM
What's up for the weekend?

One of the kids has their Eagle Scout project, cleaning out an area at a school.

Work.

For those of us that can, go see mom. For those that cannot, do something to honor your mom and the mother of your kids.

:thanks:

So what's up for the weekend?

Rob Rockcrawler
05-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Dropping, chipping and stump grinding a bunch of trees tomorrow. Fishing on Sunday, maybe try for squid before i head home.

RickBomba
05-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Today, going to pick up my buddy Lou, then grab the fly rod from Niko on the way back. Need to move some of the boxes that Lou has in the cellar and drive them to his new apartment in Watertown.

Good news for me is that I had two doctor's appointments this week, and the hardware looks great. I've been cleared to lift up to 25 pounds, and have full blessing to fish with #^&#^&#^&#^&y at the Cape for the first week of June. I've got a fancy "corset" brace I can wear, too. It was great just to hear that from both my spinal surgeon and the pain doc. I've been off the pain pills for about a week, and don't miss them at all. The doctors did a really good job of stepping them down immediately after the surgery.

Anyhow, today, we get to watch Jack play soccer at 3:30, then bring Lou back home. Finish up with hanging a giant Calvin and Hobbes wall piece in Jack's room.

Tomorrow, we have our annual Mother's Day tradition of heading up to Woodman's for fried clams for Jess (she's a cheap date).

Sunday out to Western Mass to give #^&#^&#^&#^&y the new rod holders for the boat, install the battery, change the rusted steel hubs to galvanized ones, and then go to Leeds for Mother's Day with #^&#^&#^&#^&y's side of the family (should be about 50 people or so). I'm pretty sure my grandmother is 91 or 92, so it's always fun to get that whole side of the Bombardier-Higgins clan together.

Jack keeps mumbling something about having a naked competition with my dad...I don't know what he's got cooked up in that 4 year old head of his. Details to follow.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there....It's good to start dusting off the fishing stuff and feeling whole again...

Love,
Rick

Cool Beans
05-06-2016, 08:42 AM
As my wife LOVES squid I will be out tonight and tomorrow night attempting to catch a mess of squid for Mothers Day.

Saturday I will be milling lumber with my chain saw to build another wood shed. (weather permitting).

MakoMike
05-06-2016, 08:54 AM
No big plans, I'm still not allowed to drive, so I'm housebound for the weekend.

tysdad115
05-06-2016, 09:46 AM
3 gun in Springfield tomorrow because it's only money right? Sunday is Mother's Day and we probably should not to go to Harvard's USPSA match. SO Sunday I'll be tying leaders and changing hooks.

FishermanTim
05-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Mother's Day weekend...'nuf said!

I mean we've all have or had mothers and we know some mothers, and have been call "mother-****ers"....oh wait, that doesn't qualify.

Anyway, at some point this weekend I will do something for my mom. She's been through a lot this year so far, what with a broken thigh (fell at work) septicemia from UTI and countless doctor and rehab visits.
Her doctor cleared her to return to work....and she's only 83!

I'll see if she wants to go to the NCW wrestling show in Dedham Saturday evening?

rphud
05-06-2016, 12:14 PM
Win powerball with S-B.com. That's my plan and I'm stickin' to it!

Hookedagain
05-06-2016, 06:04 PM
Turkey hunting in the morning then installing new appliances tomorrow, then dinner with the moms. Baseball Sunday after we fish a bit.

thefishingfreak
05-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Flounduh'n in the Hahbah sat, then workin on the boat Sunday
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tattoobob
05-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Tonight Loaded and packed the cargo trailer and camper, watching Hockey

Tomorrow move the stuff to Bourne and set up, finally meet 5/0
Take Julie out to dinner and hopefully watch hockey

Sunday drive home and do Mothers Day stuff, it's the first year without my Mom so it won't be the same, Maybe I'll go to her grave :angel:

HookLine&Sinker
05-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Last weekend in the USMC. Keeping it extremely low key to guarantee i stay out of trouble. I leave on thursday at 12:01...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device