View Full Version : ? is it to hot to fish

surf fishing IN R.I.
08-02-2003, 05:25 PM
i have been trying 2 hours befor the high and 2 hours after the hige and iam not getting anything tryed night and morning fishing could it be the heat are the bigger fish out in depper water i fish from the shore all the time tryed littlecompton right up to second beach Newport

bloocrab
08-02-2003, 06:22 PM
No...it's not too hot to fish. You just have to start being a little more picky in August when it comes to choosing your spots/times/tides. August get's labeled "the doldrums of summer"...only for those who don't do their homework ;) Use your computer to check the depths of the areas your targeting...you may find that if you move 100 feet to the right/left...that you've been targeting the wrong spot. Don't be afraid to fish late-night low tides either. That's when you can get the closest to those bowls/pockets/drops of cooler water that you normally couldn't reach during high tide. If you do your research, I'm sure you'll get into some fish..and I'm NOT saying that you don't do your research, my reply is for anyone who may think there are no fish around when it's hot...

just my .02

"uffah!!"
08-02-2003, 06:31 PM
you got to be kidding!!! Its perfect if you know the right place
and use the proper bait! " HAND GRENADES"

bloocrab
08-02-2003, 06:54 PM
:eek: :hs: :yak: