View Full Version : Hobie Kayak for sale

Marlowe
05-30-2016, 04:19 PM
I have a fully loaded Hobie 16ft adventure for sale. I am 72 and my family wants me to stick to my boat or the beach. I am selling with great reluctance.

This kayak is in like new condition and comes with every imaginable option including: turbo fins and rudder, Garmin 340 C Fish Finder, Garmin 400 series GPS, permanently installed back lit Richie compass, Scotty rods holders, 2 sets of wheels - for regular use and sand. It also includes a Thule Hullivator, a custom made rack for SUV use, extra tackle box with three more rod holders, anchor trolly, anchor, anchor line on holder and quick release buoy, stake out pole with lanyard, 360 degree extra tall night light, waterproof phone container, rod lanyards, 2 new Kayak rods and a high warning flag - not installed. There is a Hobie kayak stand. There is also a Hobie boat cover. Included is a large box of spares including fins, rudder, hatches, cables, nuts and bolts and anchor trolly. The total investment is well over $5000 and everything works including a fully charged battery.

You may also have my life jackets with safety lights for free with the boat.

I live in Old Greenwich and this is a pick up item and a cash sale at $1750

nightfighter
05-30-2016, 04:24 PM
Deal of the year right there.........

Marlowe
05-30-2016, 05:18 PM
There are other options for this boat including a thru hull permanently installed transducer to improve fish finding pick up. The Fish Finder is not really for finding fish but for determining bottom contour and in that regard it is great. Also, if you wish to stand in this boat there is a detachable Hobie outrigger system to give extra stability when wanted. It is new in the box.

I have fished kayaks for many years, more than I'd like to admit and I have had an Adventure for 10 years. This hull was replaced by Hobie in 2011 when I approached them about a since corrected design flaw. It looks like new and has always been under cover and maintained with meticulous care.

Rockport24
05-31-2016, 04:34 PM
holy crap deal of the year is correct!

Marlowe
05-31-2016, 07:09 PM
I am providing more adds on such as a hand held VHF with this boat. I have had a great kayak fishing career, for more than 35 years, and at 72, at the demands of my family, I am moving to a flats boat and the beach. My desire is to see someone else have a turnkey operation that is complete in every way. There is no gimmick.

tysdad115
06-01-2016, 05:58 AM
Oh my..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bobber
06-02-2016, 11:08 AM
thats a great deal right there......

Marlowe
06-07-2016, 01:51 PM
This boat has been sold to a very happy buyer.

Rockport24
06-08-2016, 10:09 AM
oh I bet!

Nebe
06-08-2016, 10:48 AM
If I didn't already own one, I would have bought it.. I'd get the sailing package for it too

milo
06-08-2016, 06:14 PM