View Full Version : This ever happen to you?

Steve K
06-01-2016, 07:18 AM
I went to BI for the weekend to open the house and I forgot my fishing gear. I only brough two rods, no reels, and wading boots. Doh! It happend to me once before but then I forgot my plugs which was not a big deal because I was able to buy some. This ever happen to you?

redlite
06-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Its old age kickin in for all us.
I always drive to local fishin with rod in front bumper rod racks. Was so tired last week got down to water and hopped out to grab rod only to realize i forgot rod. Luckily for me it was only a 12 mile ride home and not a boat ride to an island.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

numbskull
06-01-2016, 11:54 AM
Sadly yes.

Made a long small boat run behind Nantucket one year only to find I'd forgotten my rods.

Made a long, night, small boat run to shore fish Cuttyhunk one fall only to find I'd forgotten my tackle bag.

At least I can look forward to the day I finally make a long small boat run somewhere good and find I forgot Sauerkraut.

JLH
06-01-2016, 12:44 PM
I seem to forget things often during fishing season. Must be the lack of sleep... One of the worst was when I drove over an hour to a spot only to realize I had forgotten my wading boots at home. This wasn’t a spot you could fish without boots and spikes so that ended my night. I’ve left rods leaning against the truck after an outing and driven off as well. I’ve learned to go through a metal checklist before I leave the house to hopefully make sure I have at least the essentials with me.

wdmso
06-01-2016, 03:22 PM
drove 40 min to a boat ramp and had no keys for the boat .. you are not alone :btu:

Guppy
06-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Fished last night came home little shut eye went back out this morn ( BSB are huge) got back this afternoon , rinse off, pull out to fuel up for tomorrow, garden hose hanging from transome, feels a tug hears a snap,,, lucky didn't pull the plumbing out of the house, hose let go at the house.... Phew!

Justfishin'
06-01-2016, 04:01 PM
once..........

I now have a tattoo to remind me........;)

oldroe
06-01-2016, 04:13 PM
I've went into big box stores and bought rod and reel. Usually happens when I'm taking my aged parents some where and just forget to put rods back in truck.

I've kept them and returned them.

bassballer
06-01-2016, 08:10 PM
I forget my boat keys all the time. Pre coffee I'm useless.

fish raptor
06-01-2016, 08:35 PM
when you start forgetting your "pants"..... thats when you really need to start worrying.

Nebe
06-01-2016, 09:02 PM
when you start forgetting your "pants"..... thats when you really need to start worrying.

That scenario used to be a re occurring dream I would have. I'd look down and have a shirt on but no pants. So strange.

Ian
06-01-2016, 10:39 PM
I went to BI for the weekend to open the house and I forgot my fishing gear. I only brough two rods, no reels, and wading boots. Doh! It happend to me once before but then I forgot my plugs which was not a big deal because I was able to buy some. This ever happen to you?

I'd have to have a house on BI to be able to claim that happened to me!!! :lama:

Raven
06-02-2016, 12:09 AM
since i try and read about supplements ....

i was just reading about lutien and new research
has discovered that is very important for good
brain function even preventing senility, dementia,
squirrel brain -lol and Alzheimer's
:point: so i take it daily.

not to mention it gives you the eyes of an eagle.

RickBomba
06-02-2016, 06:11 AM

You should tell this to my dad.

We left one year for the FABBIT without taking any of my cold weather gear.

Another time I went fishing with Mikey and Seano and forgot my jacket. Fished all day in a UA turtleneck and sweatshirt. It got up to 11 that day.

I'm usually prepared when it comes to warm weather fishing.

afterhours
06-02-2016, 07:25 PM
went to fish the worm hatch and forgot my wading boots last week....

Mugz
06-03-2016, 07:17 AM
Loaded up my bike and fishing gear into my truck for the 1 hour haul to the Ditch.....I get to unload my gear, take the bike out to only realize I left the front tire in the garage( I remove the front tire because the front forks mount to the bike rack). Duh....at least I was still able to fish....but I wasn't mobile.

Steve K
06-03-2016, 07:50 AM
I'd have to have a house on BI to be able to claim that happened to me!!! :lama:

:kewl:

JohnR
06-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Yes.

I think I had to have someone (Redlite of TDF?) get something out of my truck one year while we were on Cutty :huh:

Slipknot
06-05-2016, 02:51 PM
That never happened to me but I went fishing this morning and just now I just about had a panic attack because I thought I forgot my rods leaning on a tree as I packed up my bike since I did not remember putting them away. They were in my cargo trailer, sleep deprivation catches up to you easily as a surfcaster. That would have really sucked losing 2 irreplaceable rods and reels not to mention the huge $$$$$

better luck next time Steve

Swimmer
06-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Recently have been forgetting to zip up, whats next.

Rappin Mikey
06-06-2016, 08:43 PM
deep slepravation