View Full Version : Monomoy question

nightfighter
08-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Local police officer/fisherman asked me for advice about Monomoy. I know nothing. He is going down on a friend's 28" Grady Gulfstream on Thursday I believe. Friend with boat is depending on him for fishing guidance. Any recommendations? Inshore bassing vs going offshore tuna, sharking whatever? Thanks in advance

bart
08-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Snag pogies and live line
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

thefishingfreak
08-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Thursday just look for the bass fleet and bring extra snag hooks

Guppy
08-09-2016, 06:06 AM
Pm sent

Moses
08-09-2016, 09:57 AM
What they said. You can work the rips from tip of Monomoy around backside up towards Nauset. Pogies have been hanging in & around Nauset area. But as Mike said, Thurs is a commercial day so look for the fleet. I also like using Hopkins/Kastmasters with a green tube tail, seems to always work in this specific area.

Guppy
08-09-2016, 02:20 PM
What they said. You can work the rips from tip of Monomoy around backside up towards Nauset. Pogies have been hanging in & around Nauset area. But as Mike said, Thurs is a commercial day so look for the fleet. I also like using Hopkins/Kastmasters with a green tube tail, seems to always work in this specific area.

I see a black hull up there yesterday, was that u Mike, I'll stop by and say hi next time...

Moses
08-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately not me. Been two weeks since I fished the backside.

Ian
08-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Hopefully they survived this hard south blow... The water today was quite angry!