View Full Version : Bonito troll

Guppy
08-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Hope to hit the hooter this week looking for hard tails ( 1st time) , I hear trolling is effective , not my favorite ,
Soooooooo, what do I drag around, I've got a ton of metal stuff, is that enough.
Looks like there's some nice drop off around there, deep dive plugs?
I dun no!

MakoMike
08-14-2016, 05:28 PM
Hope to hit the hooter this week looking for hard tails ( 1st time) , I hear trolling is effective , not my favorite ,
Soooooooo, what do I drag around, I've got a ton of metal stuff, is that enough.
Looks like there's some nice drop off around there, deep dive plugs?
I dun no!

I used to troll small tins, like pet spoons, castmasters and deadly #^&#^&#^&#^&s and caught them and little tunny.

Guppy
08-15-2016, 05:01 PM
I used to troll small tins, like pet spoons, castmasters and deadly #^&#^&#^&#^&s and caught them and little tunny.

Thanks, was going tomorrow but now looks like Friday , burnt out.. dah

Poncho
08-15-2016, 06:39 PM
Crystal minnows work pretty well
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy
08-16-2016, 05:33 AM
Crystal minnows work pretty well

Heard that, got one ! Thanks John... Time will tell :walk::fishin:

niko
08-16-2016, 06:57 AM
There used to be a guy on here that did pretty well using flies that he trolled behind lures. Kind of like the opposite of a teaser

Moses
08-16-2016, 08:23 AM
I 2nd Crystal Minnows, this is my go to when I troll. Casting I prefer Epxoy Jigs & Deadly #^&#^&#^&#^&s.

zacs
08-16-2016, 11:36 AM
last couple of years I will start with a mix of floating, sinking & deep diving crystal minows. Then switch them all if one gets bit a couple of times.

Sometimes I just go straight to the deep diving crystals, or mix the deep crystals & the deep mirrolures, you can seem to get under the blues that way. sometimes.

Guppy
08-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys
Hmmmmmm teaser

ProfessorM
08-17-2016, 06:39 PM
Rebel fastrac's

O.D. Mike
08-17-2016, 07:07 PM
I've never caught one but a friend caught one on my boat using a pencil popper!!!

Guppy
08-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Rebel fastrac's

Another way to find out what's working is check tackle store racks, the empty ones are what's working,,, like the fastrac :-) at sports port

Fish On
08-19-2016, 10:30 AM
I never get to fish anymore. My life has totally changed with a 3 year old boy. I get my fishing fix through reading the post and pictures here. Time for me to share this to give back for all the great posts I enjoy reading so much.

I've trolled the hooter many, many times as well as Paradise, East Beach and many of the rips in and around eastern MV and Nantucket. I bought this lure one day at Sharks Landing and immediately started catching more bones and especially albies. I've bought MANY of them since and although they all work good, these green ones outfish them all especially in a rip. You can't cast em. Gotta troll it. Don't put another rod near it or you'll end up with a brid's nest because the movement is so violent. The single hook is absolutely deadly and works fantastic with the shape of the lure. Very rarely do you lose a fish once hooked.

The Tony Aceta spoon is phenominal and not as wel known, at least down Vineyard way. The 2005 boat albie winner was caught on one just like this.

Good luck! Please share how you do and post a pic of your catch. Enjoy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/350178819417

wdmso
08-20-2016, 04:16 AM
when you going I could be your sister boat if the dates work

Guppy
08-20-2016, 05:55 AM
when you going I could be your sister boat if the dates work

Great, luv to Wayne, I'm in :-)

Busy week coming up, one bottom trip promised and I'll have a hammer in my hand most of this week helping son with renovations of home just bought ....

After that full time chasing , glad coms ended

Guppy
08-20-2016, 05:59 AM
Thanks Fish On,,, 3 yr old boys are a lot more important than fishing, enjoy
Sounds good !