View Full Version : Heading to Matunuck

zimmy
08-19-2016, 08:44 PM
For about a week. Any recommendations for food, beer, things to do with the under 11 crowd?

chefchris401
08-19-2016, 09:20 PM
Under 11?

Water park and go carts across from the beach are a blast, arcade is right there too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND
08-20-2016, 05:04 AM
Under 11?

Water park and go carts across from the beach are a blast, arcade is right there too.

Except that stuff is all in Misquamicut...... 😂

chefchris401
08-20-2016, 07:10 AM
Except that stuff is all in Misquamicut...... 😂

Haha, good call, I forget. My wife loves going to all the state beaches and I'm along for the ride

Thought it might be that one, oops

Nebe
08-20-2016, 09:24 AM
Do what everyone else does. Dump the kids on the beach under the ocean mist and get smashed upstairs. :hihi:

basswipe
08-20-2016, 12:06 PM
The "scenery" at the Oyster Bar is incredible.

zimmy
08-20-2016, 07:26 PM
I like the sound of all of these. Dump the kids at misquamicut, get smashed at the ocean mist then go to the oyster bar for the scenery 😮

ThrowingTimber
08-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Beer:
Grey sail is in westerly
sons of liberty distillery in south kingston
Proclamation Ale company in west kingston. Next Tendril release and canning sept 16th.
Tilted barn brewery - open twice a week for 3 hours.

210 oyster bar makes an excellent "Frutti de Mare"

For the chirren: you cannot go wrong parasailing newport, ninigret park does observation nights for star gazers, narragansett surf does surf lessons if theyre up for it.

There's tons to do man! Enjoy your time off

bart
08-21-2016, 09:31 AM
210 also has buck-a-shuck from 4-7 and the talent there is solid.

Ocean Mist is a must.

Matunuck Oyster Bar is a must.

The Rathskeller is pretty awesome, too.

basswipe
08-21-2016, 10:10 AM
I like the sound of all of these. Dump the kids at misquamicut, get smashed at the ocean mist then go to the oyster bar for the scenery 😮

We were going to hit the Matunuck Oyster Bar today but work related issues got in the way of that plan.It'll have to wait till next week.

Bring good shades...the "scenery" doesn't like to be gawked at!:laugha:

zimmy
08-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the advice. Had proclamation (tendril) for the first time the other day. Superb.

Nebe
08-21-2016, 05:16 PM
That beer is amazing

MakoMike
08-21-2016, 08:22 PM
If you go, be prepared to wait Matunuk Oyster bar has crazy waiting times.

zimmy
08-21-2016, 09:14 PM
That beer is amazing

Drinking one now. Definitely a favorite.

zimmy
08-21-2016, 09:16 PM
If you go, be prepared to wait Matunuk Oyster bar has crazy waiting times.

Ok thanks. Gonna take the wife and leave kids with grandma. They won't handle a long wait.

ivanputski
08-21-2016, 11:24 PM
head north about 10 minutes and bring them to "adventure land" on rt 108 in narragansett. go carts, mini golf, carousel, trick shot basketball, bumper boats. Moo moo's ice cream at the entrance is the most affordable you will find. (but i reserve that for evenings) hit the beaches!

Linesider82
08-22-2016, 10:50 AM
go carts

My dad would take us every year to go carts and we'd get kicked out for a year for causing accidents, so he'd say thank you, seeya next year.

Matunuck Oyster Bar for food

basswipe
08-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Ok thanks. Gonna take the wife and leave kids with grandma. They won't handle a long wait.

Do what I do and show up at 11am,no wait at all.Beer,oysters and a good pair of shades make for a great lunch.Afterwards is when you hit the Ocean Mist,trust me!At 47 I do all THAT......and I'm still in bed by 9pm.

zimmy
08-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Do what I do and show up at 11am,no wait at all.Beer,oysters and a good pair of shades make for a great lunch.Afterwards is when you hit the Ocean Mist,trust me!At 47 I do all THAT......and I'm still in bed by 9pm.

We went at 730 pm. Wait was long but we aren't really bothered. Place was great. Lunch sounds perfect.