View Full Version : Help my 23 year old niece catch an Albie

PaulS
08-23-2016, 01:11 PM
Or better yet a Bonita.

She is in Newport and wants me to take her out Wens. morn. to catch something. She has caught LMB w/her boyfriend but I'm not sure how she casts. No waders, korkers, etc. for her.

I'm thinking Fort Adams. If we had a better chance I'd take her to the West Wall.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Paul

JohnR
08-23-2016, 01:18 PM
Or better yet a Bonita.

She is in Newport and wants me to take her out Wens. morn. to catch something. She has caught LMB w/her boyfriend but I'm not sure how she casts. No waders, korkers, etc. for her.

I'm thinking Fort Adams. If we had a better chance I'd take her to the West Wall.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Paul

Check out Ocean Drive too - hard part is they blow through real fast.

Also recommend a light 9' spinning (like a Tica type) and a fly dropper to increase hook ratio. Your job we be to get the fish ;)

The avenues can be great but very dangerous and wall to wall

DZ
08-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Paul,
I haven't heard about any shots at them from the Newport shore yet. But Fort Adams (behind the eisenhower house facing Jamestown) is the most consistent location the past few seasons. Get there early morning and hope for the best. Some peanuts starting to show so you may get a shot at some blues/bass if the funny fish don't show.

Sea Dangles
08-23-2016, 02:28 PM
I would recommend Sachuest point near the Sheeps Pen
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS
08-23-2016, 02:50 PM
I think I'm gonna get her out of Newport. Plus it will put me 20 miles closer to home. Thanks for the help!

rphud
08-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Is that an "educated" decision or are you just preferring to be closer to home?