View Full Version : Nigel Farage At Trump rally

wdmso
08-26-2016, 04:38 AM
the guy who lead the charge to leave the EU then resigned after the Vote . saying

“During the referendum campaign I said I want my country back. And what I’m saying today is I want my life back, and it begins right now,”

Basically he kicked a hornets nest and walked away and left others to figure it out

optic's ? depends on where you buy your glasses i guess :)

scottw
08-26-2016, 05:40 AM
Nigel Farage has resigned as leader of Ukip, saying he had fulfilled his political ambitions after successfully campaigning for the UK to vote for Brexit and that it was time for him to take a rest.

It is the third time he has stepped down as the party leader, but Farage dismissed the idea of coming back again in the future and claimed standing as an MP was no longer top of his to-do list.

Speaking at a press conference in Westminster on Monday, he said: “During the referendum I said I wanted my country back … now I want my life back.”

Farage, 52, was originally leader from 2006 to 2009 and came back to the job after the 2010 election, overseeing the rise of Ukip from a fringe single-issue party to a major political force. He then stepped down after the 2015 election, only to “unresign” just days later, as he wanted to lead Ukip’s campaign to leave the EU.

The MEP insisted his latest resignation was for good but raised the prospect of taking some role in negotiating Britain’s exit from the EU, saying he “might have something to give”.

I like a politician who know when to go....:uhuh: