View Full Version : Fishing vs Pleasure boating

bassballer
08-26-2016, 06:41 AM
Just curious how many of you guys only use your boats for fishing, vs also using them for acutual boating activities. I use mine primarily for fishing but on the weekends the rods come off and the cushions go on. Fish usually 3 maybe 4 days during the week, then wife and friends rafting up, block island, narraganset bay bar hopping on the weekends.

FYI the best scup and sebass fishing is rafting up in Mackeral cove with 5 other boats with a cold beverage in my hand.

OLD GOAT
08-26-2016, 08:12 AM
It's getting less and less but a couple times a summer If the boat traffic isn't to heavy and it's not to windy I get Sweetie in the front seat with two beach chairs and her book and we head to north beach.
Generally stay about two hours and then crab about all the boat wakes on the way home.
I still think it's fun. Almost any day on North Beach is fun

numbskull
08-26-2016, 08:51 AM
Fishing IS pleasure boating.
Taking non-fisherman out is torture boating.
If you don't wash your boat, use any cushions, and are sure not to carry any bathroom facilities (like a bucket) things work out OK.

Moses
08-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Anytime on my boat is great but I always bring a few rods regardless of whether primary reason is family time.

Cool Beans
08-26-2016, 10:54 AM
If you don't wash your boat, use any cushions, and are sure not to carry any bathroom facilities (like a bucket) things work out OK.

:agree:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well said, I could not agree more

niko
08-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Pleasure boating is being a guest on someone else's boat
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ProfessorM
08-26-2016, 11:18 AM

I just piss on the side of your boat because of no bucket and being Irish so technically you are washing your boat

Guppy
08-26-2016, 04:47 PM
All fish, all business :-)

Like Paul said... A day on someone's boat is like a holiday

Sea Dangles
08-26-2016, 06:47 PM
A cold beer while fishing is great. My family has been on my boat before but they think it's too small.

Clammer
08-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Prof M ,. F &*( the bucket ... boat is never cleaned / full of pails , shells, rotten squid , blood, guts , & every other thing possible >I try & piss over the side [but also being IRISH .I watch it run down the gunnels ....@ least by the color I can tell how dehydrated I am ................... Yet Denis gets really upset with me .he says it stinks .WTF the whole f uc kin boats stinks ........... while I have to stop so he can TRY & pee in a little bucket & then dump it over the side . what does that prove ........not a damn thing .next time I,m gonna turn the rig around so he,s pissing in the wind ><><>:wid:

Clammer
08-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Oh BTW . no need to clean the boat Joe Fig, spends more time @ the dockcleaning his boat than he does taking it out fishing :lama:

Paul I is a very close 2nd .but leads the way in hauls outs for unecessary maintance ><><:musc:

nightfighter
08-26-2016, 08:14 PM
This will be the fifth year that the better half has not stepped foot on the boat.... I don't have to answer about not cleaning it. I will usually do a full clean up twice during the season. The hours I am coming in it is either dark or the dock is full with folks just heading out... I sold the front cushions the first year I had the boat too... just something else to store or clean... So if you are coming on the R2D2, it's going to be fishing.

PRBuzz
08-27-2016, 06:49 PM
What is pleasure boating? :)

Being on a boat with a pole(s) is a pleasure

SAUERKRAUT
08-28-2016, 04:16 AM

In stages, I remodeled my Fortier, SauerKraut, to remove the stove, the sink, the refrigerator; and most significantly, the Head. There is only so much room in a boat. Where the stove, refrigerator, and the Head were--are now custom storage bins built in. Stuff no longer rolls off the V bunks when the boat pitches three inches. I ran the fresh water out to the deck stern with a pump for a hose shower, or washing down fishing tackle.

My wife hates my boat.

wdmso
08-28-2016, 06:13 AM
2 times a year its a family or friends day.. the head is a camp toilet with cat litter for the ladies (I spared no expense ) at the end of the day the cushions come out and it turns back into a pumpkin and I am happy again

piemma
08-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Oh BTW . no need to clean the boat Joe Fig, spends more time @ the dockcleaning his boat than he does taking it out fishing :lama:

Paul I is a very close 2nd .but leads the way in hauls outs for unecessary maintance ><><:musc:

True Mike but:
1) I never break down
2) I fish almost as much as you and
3) There has never been any type of alcohol (beer included) on my boat.

My attitude is a boat is for fishing. You want to drink, stay home!

Clammer
08-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Paulie where the booze post come from .there hasn,t been any on my boat in over 35 years ><><

Its just about a pleasure boat now .havn,t been out in over a week & don,t really care .

buckman
08-28-2016, 05:31 PM
We have a head to make others feel more comfortable. If you want pleasure on our boat you better really enjoyed tuna fishing 😊

piemma
08-29-2016, 01:33 AM
Paulie where the booze post come from .there hasn,t been any on my boat in over 35 years ><><

Its just about a pleasure boat now .havn,t been out in over a week & don,t really care .

Mikey, the booze reference wasn't for you. It was for someone else I know on this board.

bassballer
08-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Pleasure boating is being a guest on someone else's boat

Truer words have never been spoken

piemma
08-30-2016, 12:31 PM
My brother-in-law is a pleasure boater. 25' Rampage. All they do is drive to the gut between Prudence and Patience and drink and swim.

Of course his motor is blown so it's no pleasure now. Bad risers me thinks. Sea water in the cylinders and its a FWC boat.:crying:

JFigliuolo
08-31-2016, 08:40 PM

How did I miss this??? :rotf3: nevermind... I just remembered I was washing the boat :(