View Full Version : Weekend Plans - Post Op Doldrums

JohnR
08-26-2016, 07:16 AM
Kid blew out his ACL and tore the meniscus playing a little rugby. Surgery was yesterday. First couple days are really tough.

Unfunny

So what's up for the weekend?

MakoMike
08-26-2016, 08:31 AM
Both my son and I went through that. You're right first week or so is bad.
I'm back in CT for a party tomorrow, then maybe I'll head back up to the boat on Sunday.

tysdad115
08-26-2016, 08:34 AM
First weekend in a long time without a match to shoot in..Ty has a scrimmage tomorrow to start football season ,tomorrow night I'm long over due for some alone time in my wetsuit somewhere.

Rockport24
08-26-2016, 10:10 AM
That sucks John, speedy recovery to your son...

I'll be out in the yak tomorrow hoping to find something that will pull drag..

Hookedagain
08-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Took the boy to the Canal this morning for his birthday, NADA! Wind was blowing like snot. Heading out in the kayaks for a little fresh water fishing in a bit. Might put the boat in the water in the morning the hanging around the house. Sunday is the family cookout for his baseball team Monday starts a week of camping.

niko
08-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Taking my new 30s for a test drive
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tattoobob
08-26-2016, 07:35 PM
This weekend is the weekend I get ready for the next 9 weekends of fishing, camper goes on the truck and I get every thing I need in order, Some swimming and pool maintenance. I'm sure I missed something

John I hope Liam a speedy recovery

Enjoy the weekend everyone

Rappin Mikey
08-26-2016, 08:06 PM
Yeah, speeedy recovery for the kid!

nightfighter
08-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Use his current discomfort to emphasize his need to follow through on the PT.....If he cuts corners, this pain will continue in some form for the future. You know where I am coming from, dad....use the pain as incentive.

Pogies are in. Bass are around. Tide is good. Might not have to even leave the harbor tomorrow morning!

Nebe
08-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Heal up Liam!
I'm getting ready for a little art show on block island next week. Making all sorts of ornately decorated spheres. (Floats)

fishbones
08-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Get well quick, Liam. I just got back from visiting my 80 year old uncle in the hospital after he had triple bypass surgery on Monday. Had a great time talking to him about fishing and listening to him sexually harass his nurse. Tomorrow I head out to some town called Lancaster for a soccer tourney until Sunday. Gotta get some work stuff done Monday and Tuesday, then I start fishing hard for the rest of the season.

Justfishin'
08-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Liam, and like Ross said, do the PT, sux at first but it will help with the healing.

chefchris401
08-27-2016, 12:31 PM
15 hour train run on Saturday

Chasing shore bones and albies (yes albies in RI already) on Sunday morning

Probably hit watchaug with the wife and dogs on Sunday for some swimming

Found out my schedule is changing at work will have Sunday-Wednesday off and then 3 15 hour days back to back to back.

So should be able to get some good surf/albie time in.

Need to go throw the new NB darters this week too.

JohnR
08-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys! Might need to post the presurgery pain blocked loopy video

RickBomba
08-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Kid blew out his ACL and tore the meniscus playing a little rugby. Surgery was yesterday. First couple days are really tough.

Unfunny

So what's up for the weekend?

John,
Tell Liam I said to hang in there and to think positive thoughts.

I'm on my 3rd ACL, had a PCL repair, and Meniscus repair and removal. It's not right, but I seem to get around OK.

We had Jack's 5th birthday party today. It was great. Jess made swag bags and gave each kid a pencil as a tribute to me. On my 5th birthday, #^&#^&#^&#^&y brought me 100 plastic chopsticks and a giant pink pencil that said "Greetings from Hawaii".

I couldn't use either gift. MomBomba ordered a magician and saved the day.

I hope Jack remembers it as fondly as I do. We talked a lot about fishing.

Have fun everybody.
Rick

Swimmer
08-27-2016, 06:20 PM
Winding down on almost two weeks of the wife being in northern Cal, and Seatle. Roasting and blanching tomatoes for winter delights my wife will make. Got around to making 5" and 6" needle fast retrieve skipping "Chap"py " "Sticks" for the Vineyard. pics on FB.