View Full Version : Power tilt trouble

Rmarsh
08-29-2016, 08:06 AM
Backed the boat down the ramp.. parked the truck....came back to the boat and couldn't get the motor to tilt down....up but not down. Lot of people waiting so after 10 minutes when i thought i would have to pull the boat out it started working The switch on the side of the motor and the one on the remote at the helm both work to tilt up. Its working now but it has happened before. So i want to fix it ... I think the problem is at the tilt unit itself. I didnt remember there was a manual valve screw to lower it in an emergency

Guppy
08-29-2016, 05:04 PM
Boats!
Bob, you're probably aware of this, "thehulltruth.com" is a great place to find answers to repairs and stuff..
Hope it's not too serious... Having problems myself :-(

Liv2Fish
08-29-2016, 06:43 PM
What model is it. Sounds like a solinoid prob as both switches would poke the same solinoid. Check connections at the solinoid for loose or coroded.

Is the pump easily accessible? If so, you can make up an appropriate sizes jumper. Positive to green for down and blue for up on most. Gets you out of a pinch till the season is over.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
08-29-2016, 08:24 PM
Do you have a multi meter? Best way to eliminate expensive part swapping.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Billybob
08-30-2016, 06:56 AM
Try swapping the relays and see if it goes down and not up.

Rmarsh
08-30-2016, 07:01 AM
Yamaha F60 tlrc... If it was completely broke and not working it would be easier to trace....but it is working now....just don't know when or where it will fail again. I can't complain much about boat problems.......other than damaging my prop this is the only glitch I've had in four years.

Guppy I didn't even know my yamaha had a vst filter......until I looked at the parts diagram. What kind of trouble was it causing? Hope you can get it corrected asap.

I'm heading out to look for bonito this morning:uhuh:

Guppy
08-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Yamaha F60 tlrc... If it was completely broke and not working it would be easier to trace....but it is working now....just don't know when or where it will fail again. I can't complain much about boat problems.......other than damaging my prop this is the only glitch I've had in four years.

Guppy I didn't even know my yamaha had a vst filter......until I looked at the parts diagram. What kind of trouble was it causing? Hope you can get it corrected asap.

I'm heading out to look for bonito this morning:uhuh:

Hi Bob
She's been loosing power as of late, got down to 4K max
The vst filter was clogged big time, put it back together and it ran worse!
Changed all the filters and back flushed the injectors today,,, just came back from a test run,,,, she's running like a champ! I'm back in bussness!
BOATS! :smash: