View Full Version : VST filter

Guppy
08-30-2016, 07:25 PM
It wasn't as easy as this guy made it look but was doable
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gY2RFaahio4&sns=em
Got her all back together and it ran like crap...
Changed out all the other filters and cleaned the injectors,,, ba bamb,,, running like a top

I think changing out the vst sent some gunk down stream to the injectors, I think running the engine b 4 cleaning the injectors was a smart move without knowing it,,, sop for this mech :cool:

tysdad115
08-30-2016, 07:48 PM
Nice!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ProfessorM
08-31-2016, 05:48 PM
Good for you. now get out your back door and get some of those funny fish.

Guppy
09-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Good for you. now get out your back door and get some of those funny fish.

Maid a run to Ribbon to try her out,,, NOT! she's running back down to 4K ,,,, back to the drawing board. ... :-(

Paul, watch out for that "my back door" wind tomorrow

Sea Dangles
09-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Typical VST Gup. Once you get it right you are good but you will be chasing this assache for a bit.

Guppy
09-02-2016, 05:52 AM
Typical VST Gup. Once you get it right you are good but you will be chasing this assache for a bit.

Thanks Chris, I'll get it, I just hope it's b 4 the snow flys.. :kewl:

fish4striper
09-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Gup, Check your pickup into your tank.. The backflow check ball on mine had all crystals kind of like sand from the ethanol fuel gumming it up so it didn't function correctly. Was bogging down, couldn't go fast. Once I changed it up was fine.

Guppy
09-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Gup, Check your pickup into your tank.. The backflow check ball on mine had all crystals kind of like sand from the ethanol fuel gumming it up so it didn't function correctly. Was bogging down, couldn't go fast. Once I changed it up was fine.

JEFF!
U may have hit it! I found that sand looking stuff in a couple places...
Can't look at it for couple days sons renovation job, but I'll look at that,, thanks

Guppy
09-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Phew!
Finally up and running , I pulled the pick up from the tank, got rid of the anti siphon, sent the injectors out, all back together, runs like a top! :-)

Even caught an Alby on her test run...

Thanks Jeff on the heads up on the pickup...

piemma
09-10-2016, 03:45 AM
I am a bit amazed that, with all the talk about the damage ethanol does, you guys don't run additives to combat the problem.

I ran Yamaha Ring Free up until this year. I switched over to Fuel Ox and have never looked back.

Guppy
09-10-2016, 05:38 AM
I am a bit amazed that, with all the talk about the damage ethanol does, you guys don't run additives to combat the problem.

I ran Yamaha Ring Free up until this year. I switched over to Fuel Ox and have never looked back.

Paul, I've run this engine for over 1000 hrs. And have never missed a stable or ring free with each fill up,,, never! And that goes for fresh water 10 min. Idle flush out.... Twice a year filters and plugs,,,

Two of the injectors condition was poor... I dun no ! :smash:

Check this out, one to two day turn around

http://youtu.be/UOQeeJHdN8I

piemma
09-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Gup, I don't know what to say. My Yami mechanic tells me that the trick is treating the fuel. i dunno either

Rockfish9
09-12-2016, 06:06 AM
JEFF!
U may have hit it! I found that sand looking stuff in a couple places...
Can't look at it for couple days sons renovation job, but I'll look at that,, thanks

best thing you can do is run Star Tron... it solves a lot of every day ethanol related problems... and is a stabilizer as well...

anti siphon valves have been a problem long before we had ethanol... and it's the last thing most tech's check...

glad you're all set...