View Full Version : Hermine

JohnR
08-31-2016, 02:07 PM
He is what the wizards are calling for Monday

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0916W5_NL+gif/152604W5_NL_sm.gif

rphud
08-31-2016, 02:11 PM
takin' her sweet ol' time and getting more bitchy, who'd a thunk?

Guppy
08-31-2016, 03:07 PM
CC evacuation route estimated at 36 hrs.
I'm staying put :gu:

JohnR
08-31-2016, 04:00 PM
Unless something changes it does not look like it will be much - tropical / post tropical. Has jogged west a bit

Fly Rod
08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
I will accept tropical....heard it may stall around here and drop 2-4 inches.....we need it....:)

wdmso
09-01-2016, 04:52 AM
if we do get all that rain it will flush out the rivers along with the bait and the approaching Low should trigger some big pre storm feeds

nightfighter
09-01-2016, 06:30 AM
Unless something changes it does not look like it will be much - tropical / post tropical. Has jogged west a bit

But still don't want to minimize the risks the storm will bring to the shoreline whether you are fishing from shore or boat...... A lot of energy headed our way.

Sounds silly, but with the drought a lot of trees have shed leaves early. Good time to check your gutters and downspouts before what may be some significant rain.....

Raven
09-01-2016, 02:13 PM
i've been reading about storms or any weather event whether it be flooding ,hurricanes,tornado's,tsunami's
that are going to surpass our current Scale due
to global warming. it will reveal it's higher level of nastiness in the near future.

JohnR
09-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Well - there is that - as of 8am Sept02 looks like it stalls south of Long Island / RI / Cape and strengthens

But still don't want to minimize the risks the storm will bring to the shoreline whether you are fishing from shore or boat...... A lot of energy headed our way.

Sounds silly, but with the drought a lot of trees have shed leaves early. Good time to check your gutters and downspouts before what may be some significant rain.....

Interestingly it is getting worse as time goes by - the image that I linked is one that dynamically updates from NHC so the image I linked earlier in the week was much more docile than this latest (9/2 8am) iteration.

Steve K
09-02-2016, 07:31 AM
Looks like SNE will get some big waves from this and not a lot of rain and wind. But it is way too early.

RIROCKHOUND
09-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Well - there is that - as of 8am Sept02 looks like it stalls south of Long Island / RI / Cape and strengthens

Interestingly it is getting worse as time goes by - the image that I linked is one that dynamically updates from NHC so the image I linked earlier in the week was much more docile than this latest (9/2 8am) iteration.

For those of us that follow this stuff (Bill A. can probably chime in), while the origin (starting tropical) is different, the stall and track is looking like the Ash Wed storm of 1962. Luckily we are dropping out of the spring tide today.... Mid-Atlantic - NJ gets whacked on this stall, we'll have some serious swell as well....

Linesider82
09-02-2016, 09:19 AM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1272957566071289&id=550952178271835
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter
09-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Yeah, where has Bill been for the last year?????????

JohnR
09-03-2016, 07:58 AM

Puppy forum - I don't think he fishes anymore.

basswipe
09-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Better hurry and get to the grocery store as there is almost no milk or eggs left!:rolleyes:

Nebe
09-03-2016, 03:45 PM

He is on fecesbook

basswipe
09-03-2016, 04:11 PM
He is on fecesbook

C'mon,clean it up.We like to refer to it as stinkybook.

Nebe
09-03-2016, 04:40 PM
C'mon,clean it up.We like to refer to it as stinkybook.

You say potato. I say eff you.

:rotfl:

Got Stripers
09-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Saw on the news Hyannis yacht club ordered all boats out of the slips, which is probably just an inconvenience if you happen to have a trailer, but man what about those storing on stands in the back yard; do they put back in and double the years hauling expenses?

wdmso
09-04-2016, 07:41 AM
not looking good for sustained surf and winds or South Coast

Slipknot
09-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Saw on the news Hyannis yacht club ordered all boats out of the slips, which is probably just an inconvenience if you happen to have a trailer, but man what about those storing on stands in the back yard; do they put back in and double the years hauling expenses?

yes usually if you choose to go back in

nightfighter
09-04-2016, 05:14 PM

Depending on the policy, some insurance will pay to haul out ahead of certain classes of storms......

Best wishes to you folks on the Cape and south. Hoping for little to no damage and that it doesn't shut down the fishing afterwards...(I really want to chase albies this year....)

rphud
09-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Models are shifting East, but they still seem to be very unsure after 36 hours. Sounds like MV is getting ready. Wait and watch

piemma
09-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Depending on the policy, some insurance will pay to haul out ahead of certain classes of storms......

Best wishes to you folks on the Cape and south. Hoping for little to no damage and that it doesn't shut down the fishing afterwards...(I really want to chase albies this year....)

I'm staying in. My marina is very sheltered from NE winds. The surge could be another story but I put an extra line on so if something goes haywire, I'm insured to the hilt and I'll just get a new boat. ;)