View Full Version : Lost another one: Wizardude/Wes

maddog2020
09-06-2016, 03:29 PM
I've been friends with Wes/Wizardude for well over a decade. His health has been slowly failing him each season. I hadn't heard from him for a bit and tried calling but his line was disconnected so I left messages on his cell phone. We all get busy with our own lives so some time passed so it wasn't uncommon we not talk for a bit of time. I did a search in the obituaries for him in VA and found out he passed away June 8! I would have thought his Mom or someone would have called me? Last time we talked it was about him visiting here or moving down to FL where his childhood buddy could have cared for him in his last days. Rest in peace my friend. I'll see you on the other side.

Please say a prayer for him. He's at peace now and no longer suffering from pain or disease. I found out on Saturday around 11 am and couldn't get myself to post something earlier.

I've crossed paths with many people in my lifetime. I've lost too many close to my heart. You get numb and eventually time heals all wounds: this I found to be partially true. LOL. You can't run away from death. It is a cycle of life. ❤️

Peace to you my brothers. Be safe and God bless whether you believe in him or not. Don't be dumb fishing or whatever when your out driving. Wear your seat belt and your life jackets and wading belts. Practice the buddy system when you fish. You want to grow old to tell your tales to your grandkids. :-) YMMV.

BigBo
09-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Sorry to hear that Ray. I know you guys were close and that you donated a lot of gear to Wes. If I remember correctly, you told me Wes in turn passed much of that gear on to kids in need. It sounded like he had a big heart and cared more about others even with all the issues he had going on.
RIP Wes.

And this reminds me that you and I haven't talked in some time now. :o
We'll need to correct that.

ProfessorM
09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Sorry for your loss Ray.
.May he rest in peace.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
09-06-2016, 04:47 PM
:(. Sorry to hear this.

JohnR
09-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Hi Ray - sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. One day, for each of us, our number comes up and we are remembered by the impressions we left on others.

Slipknot
09-06-2016, 10:00 PM
So sorry to hear this Ray
condolences to his family also

Linesider82
09-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Sounds like you both had a good time on the water. Maybe even some scary times.

My condolences to you and his family.

chris L
09-07-2016, 03:28 AM
Im sorry to hear of Wes passing . Had a number of conversations with him . My heart goes out to his family and friends RIP Wes
Thanks for letting us know

tattoobob
09-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Ray sorry for your loss,

maddog2020
09-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Many people know Wes from SOL. I never go there any more.

I got the same cell phone number for 20 yrs now and can text with the best, LOL. My daughter taught me well. Take the time to say hello to your friends, family or whatever before you blink your eyes and they are gone! I find myself saying "when I was your age" to kids in their 20s. That was when I realized I'm "old".

chris L
09-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Dude its not Old till you feel old . Right now its just experience !

Im the OG at work and my kids think Im a pretty cool OG , But I aint feeling old .

it sucks that we are mostly at the age were we start to loose a lot of people we know and those around us . My Mom always told me its the changing of the guard and your time will come . Now we are creeping closer to the top where we have to be the teachers .

take care

bobber
09-09-2016, 04:19 PM
he always had an interesting perspective on things.... I knew his health wasn't great, but had no idea he was that sick

sorry to hear he passed away

chris L
09-09-2016, 06:06 PM
i posted this on sol . hope that was ok . wes had a lot of friends over there .