View Full Version : Working near the water.

Rmarsh
09-14-2016, 05:41 AM
Monday morning I went to work to do some repairs on my bosses waterfront cottage.
The minute I got there, I took a look at the water and saw fish breaking the surface all over the place. I started getting a little uptight, because I had opted to work monday and take tuesday off to fish from the boat. I was totally distracted from my work and found myself going out on the deck every few minutes to check it out.
More and more boats were showing up and all were hooking up with fish, which I believe were bones or albies. By lunch I counted 8 boats which is unusual for this particular spot. It was torture! I had my rod with me so I spent my lunch break casting at some schools within range, but no hookups. Tuesday comes and I'm on the water early but instead of fac it's wind and chop and the same spot is dead. Right place wrong day, so disapointing. Got to go back there to work today......I swear I'm not even going to look at the water today:fury:

Sea Dangles
09-14-2016, 06:40 AM
Those boats are there for tog
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
09-14-2016, 11:27 AM
You just lived the fisherman's worst nightmare...."You should have been here yesterday!"

Hopefully that was a "once-in-a-lifetime" event (missing the blitz due to work, not missing it while you're out on the water)

Rmarsh
09-14-2016, 11:36 AM
Those boats are there for tog

I dont think it was tautog they were catching though Chris....i could be wrong.....there were schools of fish feeding at the surface and guys casting flies at them and hooking up imediatley...no one was anchored up or bottom fishing??

Rmarsh
09-14-2016, 11:38 AM
You just lived the fisherman's worst nightmare...."You should have been here yesterday!"

Hopefully that was a "once-in-a-lifetime" event (missing the blitz due to work, not missing it while you're out on the water)

Yeah Tim.... watching was torture....but i couldnt look away either.

Sea Dangles
09-14-2016, 12:05 PM
My friend has been toggling there and has spin gear at the ready. They tend to get active after the anchor is deployed. They were there yesterday, like a ghost I tell ya

nightfighter
09-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Tell me about it. Only worked three projects outside of Marblehead in three years. I am always near the water as the town is surrounded on three sides... Can be very distracting at this time of year.

Rmarsh
09-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Tell me about it. Only worked three projects outside of Marblehead in three years. I am always near the water as the town is surrounded on three sides... Can be very distracting at this time of year.

I don't know how you can concentrate with all that water around.
The guy that I work with doesn't fish and doesn't understand the torment.
He just shook his head and laughed when I called him to come see that another boat was getting into some fish.

I got the work done that we were supposed to that day but it was on my mind constantly.

I't was so windy there today.......not a single boat....no birds....and no breaking fish...but I still couldnt stop looking at the water.