View Full Version : Hey MikeCC

BigBo
08-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Mike, just got back from giving the new rod a whirl. I really like it. Thanks for your help in selection the other day.:kewl: Picked up three fishies, only one small keeper. Just had to give it a try to see how it felt.
Mike hooked me up with a nice Allstar Breakaway for when I'm not in the boat. Good price too.
Thanks again Mike.

mikecc
08-07-2003, 04:29 AM
:btu:

Bliz
08-07-2003, 06:34 AM
I'll be purchasing my next one from you in the future Mike.

You and the Mrs's do a great job on your rods, and your service & hospitality at your shop is A1! :btu:

BigBo
08-07-2003, 07:20 AM
For any of the newbies, MikeCC is head cook and bottle washer at M&D's Cape Cod Tackle in Wareham.
If you want cheap, keep going to ?-Mart, SA, etc.
If you want good quality at the best prices, he's the guy. Just a look around the shop at terminal tackle, prices are the same as the big department stores, but he's got everything else you won't find at those places. I looked around after my purchase, and his price on the rod beat everywhere else I checked, plus shops like Mike's offer the advice and service that they can't give.
Just wanted to give him a plug here because it bothers me to patronize and support the big dept stores on stuff like this.

Steve K
08-07-2003, 08:15 AM
Well said BigBo

DRUMCORPFAN
08-07-2003, 09:10 AM
mike is A1 in my book, it takes me an hour to get to his place and i pass alot of bait shops and stores to get there. he takes care of his customers and a darn nice person too.:D

missing link
08-07-2003, 09:26 AM
you got that right:happy: :claps:

Stroth
08-07-2003, 02:11 PM
:happy: :happy: :happy:

mike's place is the best...and i'm a bait shop owners worst nightmare...

tons of questions..and always wanting that strange item

from smoothie drags, to sic guides, to the best plugs around....mike gets it done...

has a great looking dog too!!!!!

StripinLine
08-07-2003, 04:05 PM
All my planed rod, reel and stuff are from him amd thats all I got to say about that.

/ al

BasicPatrick
08-08-2003, 12:02 PM
I don't know if this is going to come off sounding the way I want it but here I go.

I am President of MSBA and all the work I do definately has some benefits. One of those is that I get a lot of offers to get stuff less than I would if I wasn't President of the club.

The last three Rods bought by myself and my fishing partner for life (my brother) were bought at M & D's.

The last 4 rods bought by my hardcore off the wall ruin everything for fishing partner Capt. Mike of Ave Maria Charters were bought at M & D's.

I wnat to order three more rods now and am waithing for Mike (of M & D's) to catch up so I can have him build them also.

Myself and those mentioned above pass over 10 shops and 5 custom Rod builders to go to M & D's

Yes, we patronize other shops without question...I love fore river, Sportsmen's Den & Hull Bait, but my Rods come from M & D's period!!!!!

Mike P
08-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Half of my custom rods were made by Mike, and of the remaining half, most of them we re-wrapped by Mike.

My Arra 1322 is now 7 years old, and the wraps are still as tight as the day it left the shop. No moisture or condensation inside the Flex-coat if I leave them on the roof during a monsoon.

JohnR
08-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Never bought a rod from Mike

(just about 70% of my rodbuilding stuff though :D )