View Full Version : Yahoo Help

Got Stripers
09-22-2016, 05:42 PM
Crap, stuck in loop due to Yahoo hack, no matter what I do I can't get by the reset password prompt. I've set the password twice and keep getting the same prompt that my account (like a zillion others no doubt) has an issue and now I can't get in. No 800 number and obviously I can't send them an email.

Man this su*ks.

piemma
09-23-2016, 05:06 AM
Something ain't right. I got a notice from them. They then sent me a "key" via text and I was able to reset everything.

Got Stripers
09-23-2016, 06:59 AM
I got three keys sent via text, but try as I might I can't get back to that box to enter them. What is odd is that I'm getting and able to send email on my Iphone, but can't log in on my desktop. What blows is that I can't find any help email for them and every avenue I try to reset my password fails or gets me right back to the beginning.

JohnR
09-23-2016, 07:04 AM
Try an alternate browser for the iPhone

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=iphone+web+browser

Got Stripers
09-23-2016, 07:22 AM
I can get and send email on Iphone, but if I try to sign in on desktop or throough browser on iphone to see if I can reset there, I can't use the old or new password I was forced to change to last night. There help system won't get me a reset option by knowing email or entering phone number and one would think they might have a email help solution; but not that I can find. They have a community, but I can't sign in to use it, so what good is it? Last night I got that text box code request and requested it, but with a zillion other people likely doing the same, it didn't get to me for a while. I thought I did something wrong and went through it a couple times and got three codes sent like hours later, but try as I might to find that box to enter them I can't. I've tried chrome and internet explorer and neither work.

I absolutely HATE, HATE, HATE that you can't get a live person on the phone to help with anything anymore.

piemma
09-23-2016, 10:42 AM
I can get and send email on Iphone, but if I try to sign in on desktop or throough browser on iphone to see if I can reset there, I can't use the old or new password I was forced to change to last night. There help system won't get me a reset option by knowing email or entering phone number and one would think they might have a email help solution; but not that I can find. They have a community, but I can't sign in to use it, so what good is it? Last night I got that text box code request and requested it, but with a zillion other people likely doing the same, it didn't get to me for a while. I thought I did something wrong and went through it a couple times and got three codes sent like hours later, but try as I might to find that box to enter them I can't. I've tried chrome and internet explorer and neither work.

I absolutely HATE, HATE, HATE that you can't get a live person on the phone to help with anything anymore.

As far as I know, You never have been able to get live help from Yahoo. After all this BS, I'm going to send all my contacts an email telling them I'm moving to Gmail. Unfortunately, I have 853 names in my contact book.

Got Stripers
09-23-2016, 03:11 PM
I can't even delete my yahoo account, because I can't sign in to do so, it is just such a pain in the arse. I'd like to know what email servers actually have a help email or 800 number, because I don't want to deal with this crap again.

Redsoxticket
09-23-2016, 08:59 PM
Did you try clicking on the "forgot password" link and do you have an alternate email setup with yahoo it retrieve the password ?

I changed my password via the phone browser with no problems, reset my alternate emails in yahoo and afterwards changed the password on the phone to correspond to the new password, all this using the phone

Try logging on using a computer and see afterwrds if the issue clears up with iPhone browser.

Did you ever change the password in the email settings on your phone to correspond to the new password if not the it is possible that yahoo still has the old password.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven
09-24-2016, 10:27 AM
I don't want to deal with this crap again.

then switch to problem free G-MAIL

Got Stripers
09-24-2016, 12:26 PM
That is my plan, forget email link isn't working and my alt email is an old email unfortunately.

Redsoxticket
09-24-2016, 12:46 PM
I received an email from yahoo on 2/16 with a number for additional help
800-730-2669

I would not trust that number for all I know it could have been a spam email

fish4striper
09-24-2016, 03:17 PM
As far as I know, You never have been able to get live help from Yahoo. After all this BS, I'm going to send all my contacts an email telling them I'm moving to Gmail. Unfortunately, I have 853 names in my contact book.

Yahoo and Hotmail are old news now. Kids in schools use google products, google docs, sheets,etc now instead of Microsoft products, excel, word. No longer have to buy those from Microsoft.

Paul, You should be able to send a mass email to all your contacts giving them yr new gmail. And import all your contacts into gmail. Also have yr yahoo forwarded to yr gmail. Never have to open up yr yahoo mail again. Should be easy.

Got Stripers
09-25-2016, 07:15 AM
I have a new gmail account if anyone wants that email send me a text. Thankfully I'm still able to access my yahoo account on my iphone, so I have the fun task of going through all the contacts and emails I've saved and taking note to create new contacts or flip emails over I want to save. Then since I can't sign in or get help in doing so on my iphone model app or desktop, I will just delete all my folders or contents and hope they are gone.

piemma
09-25-2016, 03:41 PM
Yahoo and Hotmail are old news now. Kids in schools use google products, google docs, sheets,etc now instead of Microsoft products, excel, word. No longer have to buy those from Microsoft.

Paul, You should be able to send a mass email to all your contacts giving them yr new gmail. And import all your contacts into gmail. Also have yr yahoo forwarded to yr gmail. Never have to open up yr yahoo mail again. Should be easy.

Thanks man, I appreciate the heads-up. I figured out most of that already but I appreciate the help.

Dick Durand
09-25-2016, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Redsoxticket;1109124]I received an email from yahoo on 2/16 with a number for additional help
800-730-2669

I would not trust that number for all I know it could have been a spam email

My wife had an issue with Yahoo. We checked out some "help" sites, one of which clearly stated Yahoo does not provide a telephone number.

Got Stripers
09-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Four days later I finally got back into my account, which will definitely make it easier to import all my contacts and emails into my new gmail account, I wasn't looking forward to a one at a time review from my iphone.