View Full Version : Just rename the site.....

nightfighter
10-01-2016, 07:12 AM
and get it over with... Because the activity, as evidenced by clicking on New Posts, is clearly showing much more activity in the political forum as opposed to fishing forums combined! Sad. That forum is killing this site.

ecduzitgood
10-01-2016, 07:51 AM
It is keeping it alive....how many times do people return if there are no new post?
It may settle down after the election depends upon who wins and how much of the Constitution will survive their supreme court appointments. It is a very important election.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RickBomba
10-01-2016, 08:39 AM
I say we make it like linkedin. No political comments whatsoever. I'd be happy to be moderator if you guys want me to take over the job.

This site is about fishing and networking. Keep your political views to yourself inside of your skull. IDG a crap about what anybody here thinks about politics.

John, if you want to make me the Sargent at Arms for this, I'd be happy to do it.

Just my two cents.

Thanks,
Rick

And, no matter what, this place is better than the other option. It's not my opinion...that's a fact Jack. It's like Stalag 13.

Sea Dangles
10-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Like most things,the options are simple. If you don't like it,simply don't participate. How eliminating a forum helps the site is a little puzzling. Why does this bug you so much Ross?

spence
10-01-2016, 09:04 AM
It is keeping it alive....how many times do people return if there are no new post?
Is that the reason for your mindless posting of crackpot political links, to keep the site alive?

Slipknot
10-01-2016, 09:07 AM
interesting Rick, I don't know anything about linkedin but as a business owner they do try to get me to join in occasionally. I have no time for more computer stuff. I'm sure John could always use help with this site some way some how .

I think the site traffic or daily posts are lower because of many reasons and one of them is some people are focused on this election year as Ed said, it is an important election year.

Slipknot
10-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Is that the reason for your mindless posting of crackpot political links, to keep the site alive?

I think he said he was cast off of SOL

buckman
10-01-2016, 09:21 AM

How about we just leave the insults on the political forum 👍

spence
10-01-2016, 09:22 AM
How about we just leave the insults on the political forum 👍
That wasn't an insult it was an observation.

fishbones
10-01-2016, 09:36 AM
The big problem isn't the political forum. It's the fact that there are very few posts about fishing in the main forum. There's a lot of knowledge here, but it seems like people won't post because they don't want to get ripped for posting a pic of a fish they kept or for asking a "stupid" question.

chefchris401
10-01-2016, 09:42 AM
I still check the site almost daily. But with work, life and fishing being at all time high right now I don't bother posting.

The site always got thru a lull in summer and fall and picks back up once fishing slows down.

Hoping John gets the mobile picture load thing on the site soon.

I almost never use my laptop and am pretty mobile use only.

fish raptor
10-01-2016, 10:37 AM
The big problem isn't the political forum. It's the fact that there are very few posts about fishing in the main forum. There's a lot of knowledge here, but it seems like people won't post because they don't want to get ripped for posting a pic of a fish they kept or for asking a "stupid" question.

Agree totally !! good post Fishbones....

Redsoxticket
10-01-2016, 12:47 PM
If the political forum was password protected then new posts would not show as new unless your login to the forum.

Any suggestions for a password?
How about "Ahole"

tysdad115
10-01-2016, 01:13 PM
good post Fishbones....

That is the first time anyone has ever written that here..

Nebe
10-01-2016, 01:46 PM
I have laid off the political forum a lot in the last month because I feel much line Ross. I have been working my ass off the past few years and not fishing as much so I don't have much to say about fishing.
I'll continue to refrain from posting in the political forum as it's like pissing into the wind

basswipe
10-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Larry?

ecduzitgood
10-01-2016, 01:59 PM
If the political forum was password protected then new posts would not show as new unless your login to the forum.

How about "Ahole"
Works for me :)

ecduzitgood
10-01-2016, 02:07 PM
I think he said he was cast off of SOL

Yes for saying "people don't like it when you take their toys away" in reference to why people hate commercial fisherman.

JohnR
10-01-2016, 02:15 PM
The political forum is what it is which is part of why it is way dowen on the bottom.

Yes - I need to get the site more mobile friendly. Unfortunately I have a ton of work I could be doing so I have not prioritized it enough. I did by the software and make a couple test sites but have not worked out all the bugs to go live yet.

nightfighter
10-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Why does this bug you so much Ross?

I get enjoyment, satisfaction, and relaxation from fishing. That would include making plugs, rods, buying/selling of gear, and trips to other areas to fish. The site steepened the learning curve for me in all those areas as well as providing some good solid friends, such as yourself, Chris. I come here to grab a little bit of that when I cannot be out fishing or participating in fishing related activities. So without getting into a diatribe about my great disdain of the current American political cesspool, I will speak up when I find my place of enjoyment to be continually soiled with a plethora of political threads...

So, if there continues to be a lack of politically dedicated sites on which you could participate, I guess the password feature would work for me.....

tattoobob
10-01-2016, 02:57 PM
I don't post much here due to all my questions would be about Pick-up trucks and Truck Campers, I don't know anyone here who has one so I go elsewhere

Plus I don't have alot of questions about putting a sea worm on a hook and sitting in a chair

PaulS
10-01-2016, 03:05 PM
I think it took a turn for the worse a few years ago. Before then there was some restraint on the part of members to show some respect for the other posters.

JohnR
10-01-2016, 03:37 PM
So do we have a play nice rule ;) ?

Clammer
10-01-2016, 05:32 PM
this doesn,t make any fu ckin sence ......... political forum .ya don,t want to talk or hear about polotics . then don,t open that forum ..not too hard to figure out :nailem:

nightfighter
10-01-2016, 05:47 PM
this doesn,t make any fu ckin sence ......... political forum .ya don,t want to talk or hear about polotics . then don,t open that forum ..not too hard to figure out :nailem:

Neither is this, Mike; "as evidenced by clicking on New Posts":rtfm:

Redsoxticket
10-01-2016, 05:48 PM
When using mobile the political forum post show without even opening up the forum.
Not to hard to figure out.

ecduzitgood
10-01-2016, 06:03 PM
There is always the home screen with the color coded hooks showing when a new post is made in each forum. Just click the hooks you want to see and don't use the new post button.

Guppy
10-02-2016, 09:37 AM
and get it over with... Because the activity, as evidenced by clicking on New Posts, is clearly showing much more activity in the political forum as opposed to fishing forums combined! Sad. That forum is killing this site.

winter is coming, this is just the beginning of it! LOL
Keep it coming Ross :-)

Clammer
10-02-2016, 10:33 AM
WITH A FLIP PHONE DON,T HAVE THAT PROBLEM :huh:

Ian
10-02-2016, 02:06 PM

How about "Ahole"

Didn't read much past this point... I LOVE this idea

JohnR
10-02-2016, 06:08 PM
I have to admit - I rarely use my mobile for watching the site - don't want to kill my eyes more than I already have. In that I just don't experience that. I have on my list to get this done but I need to take a few days off from real job to do it - and I did not get a vacation this summer

piemma
10-03-2016, 04:05 AM
Like most things,the options are simple. If you don't like it,simply don't participate. How eliminating a forum helps the site is a little puzzling. Why does this bug you so much Ross?

Exactly Chris. I choose not to participate and, in 13 years here, I don't think I have ever posted in the political forum. It isn't that I don't have any views, it's that I don't choose to share them.

fishbones
10-03-2016, 06:06 AM
That is the first time anyone has ever written that here..

Not just here. That's the first time it's been written anywhere.

The Dad Fisherman
10-03-2016, 06:45 AM
I'd be happy to be moderator if you guys want me to take over the job.

Good Luck with that :hihi:

The Dad Fisherman
10-03-2016, 06:53 AM
but it seems like people won't post because they don't want to get ripped for posting a pic of a fish they kept or for asking a "stupid" question.

its a fishing site where you get yelled at if you:

post pics of fish you kept
post where you went fishing
post if you mention tournaments
post that you comm fish
post that a certain place is "on Fire"
post something that's been answered before
post something that should have been a PM

...and that's not even the tip of the ice berg when it comes to the Pit of Despair AKA the Political forum....

Raider Ronnie
10-03-2016, 10:03 AM
This is more proof how much Obama has divided this country in the last 7-8 years.

JohnR
10-03-2016, 11:03 AM
This is more proof how much Obama has divided this country in the last 7-8 years.

Ummm. No. Well for some maybe, but generally, no

fishrick
10-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Never been there, don't got there with relatives, or friends either. Politics and religion...stay away, keep feelings and thoughts and ballots to yourself. Some folks just don't get it, and have to be "out there" with everything. This will make your life miserable....go for it! Me, I will be out fishing, and sleeping like a baby.

Clammer
10-03-2016, 01:14 PM
fishrick .agree 100%

RickBomba
10-03-2016, 09:06 PM
fishrick .agree 100%

Mike,
Does that mean that you and I are going fishing 100%?

Rappin Mikey
10-05-2016, 08:13 PM
I dig stripers and chicks. Also chicks that dig stripers IMHO that makes a site. Heck, I'd vote for Hilary if she knew how to rig an eel> JMTC

Surf Caster
10-05-2016, 09:05 PM
I think if you compare this site to the other site that many of us frequent, i feel the bashing and the nonsense is far more subdued here. There is a ton of good info here and if you post a question about fishing here, you generally get a solid set of responses.

maybe it's worth bumping up some of the old great posts on the site and reinvigorating some of those convos?

Nebe
10-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Bring back bass master and fish weewee!

Clammer
10-06-2016, 10:16 AM
the [password pAGE :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

bassballer
10-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Send out an invite to RHM and #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&. Im sure site visits would go up!!