View Full Version : Togfest 2016

Guppy
10-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Last year Paul (Niko) called out Sunday the 18th and it got blown out,,, Soooooo we went on Saturday the day before and it worked out... great day!

There's another thread out there about a get together earlier in the month and in an effort to avoid conflicts,,,, (what a joke that is LOL :huh: ) I say stay with a Sunday and call Saturday the rain date... plus the Boss may have it open!

TOGFEST 2016 ; SUNDAY THE 23RD OF OCTOBER (Steelers at 4:25 :humpty:) (wind out is the day before)
Fairhaven Ramp time yet to be decided,,,, I've got traps out so may have crabs to give out...

hang your joky shots on the vhf antenna and monitor ch 68.

we'll give this thread time to soak and I'll post a list of flakes attending.... :-)

And a date change if it looks like another day would get better attendance! :fury:

fish4striper
10-02-2016, 11:12 AM
If its Sunday, I should be able to make it.

Sea Dangles
10-02-2016, 11:12 AM
I am in and will take any anglers who like tog fishing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter
10-02-2016, 11:21 AM
I am in and have accepted Guppy's kind invitation.

fish raptor
10-02-2016, 11:30 AM
I am in and will take any anglers who like tog fishing

I would love to sign up with you. will chip in for gas, food, whatever.

I heard you have a very nice boat and would also love to check it out.

BigFish
10-02-2016, 11:45 AM
I love when someone just takes the bull by the friggin horns instead of pussy footing around! Everyone can't always make it....pick the date and run with it!! Tough luck for some oh well!! Nice work Gupp!!!:btu:

Got Stripers
10-02-2016, 02:59 PM
I have a wedding Saturday the 22nd, so I don't know if I can commit to an early am Sunday, but I'm hoping to get out on a boat or two end of October for some togging.

Clammer
10-02-2016, 03:16 PM
G/S >>> you can come with Denny & I / but the commercial limit & boat limit are both ten .so we w,on,t bother shutting off the motor & we can be back for breakfast :wid:

Sea Dangles
10-02-2016, 06:20 PM
I would love to sign up with you. will chip in for gas, food, whatever.

I heard you have a very nice boat and would also love to check it out.

In

tysdad115
10-02-2016, 07:04 PM
I don't know if Tyler's cast will be off by then ..but if we can ho a spot or maybe 2 we'd love to go.

Guppy
10-02-2016, 08:02 PM
I love when someone just takes the bull by the friggin horns instead of pussy footing around! Everyone can't always make it....pick the date and run with it!! Tough luck for some oh well!! Nice work Gupp!!!:btu:

I tow yacks, :-)
Or start ho ing Larry :-)

Thought! Can one get from a boat into the yack? curios
I thought I see this recently chasing hard tails,,, not a bad idea me thinks

fish raptor
10-02-2016, 08:22 PM
In

Grrrreat !!! I need to know where and when to meet you.... either via here or PM. If I don't hear from you I will send you a pm a week or so out to get all the details. Looking forward to your company (and boat)

RickBomba
10-03-2016, 05:37 AM
I'm in with Guppy and Ross.

fishrick
10-03-2016, 02:04 PM
I would love to "tog" again. Niko, can I ride with you! (you got the best spot). Otherwise will ride with anyone. Coming from Connecticut. Can't wait.

hq2
10-03-2016, 06:16 PM
On board with Sea Dangles. Looking forward to good toggin'!:jump:

Guppy
10-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Yuse boat guys better start checking in , you know who u are, no excuses, games on late, grass doesn't grow this time year, you'll be healthier for not sitting around eating all that bacon and eggs,
Stuff like that! :rtfm::rtfm:

Plus, how bout we set a launch and retrieve time so's we can harass each other at the ramp,,,, :cheers2::cheers2:

Cohenfishin
10-06-2016, 07:34 PM
In

niko
10-06-2016, 07:37 PM
I would love to "tog" again. Niko, can I ride with you! (you got the best spot). Otherwise will ride with anyone. Coming from Connecticut. Can't wait.

i'm not sure if I can pull it off quite yet - as soon as I know i'll let u guys know

fish raptor
10-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Yuse boat guys better start checking in , you know who u are, no excuses, games on late, grass doesn't grow this time year, you'll be healthier for not sitting around eating all that bacon and eggs,
Stuff like that! :rtfm::rtfm:

Plus, how bout we set a launch and retrieve time so's we can harass each other at the ramp,,,, :cheers2::cheers2:

Hell i can harass you right from my cell phone....although doing it in person might be more fun....

Clammer
10-11-2016, 06:27 PM
FYI guys for what its worth , Denny & I did our 1st trip of the season .............. moved a few times trying different depts trying to cut down on all the small hits to no avail . If BB is like we have been dealing with ... when we were Scupping & Sea bass ............make sure you take waaaaay more bait than usual or less guys .............we went thru a ton to get what we got for keepers, Its loaded with small sea bass & tautog . with a descent amount of choggies & scup . even a oversized toadfish . even if your not catching them /they are catching your bait ><><:deadhorse:.. Denny is already almost dressed for winter mode .<><><> yeah he smoked me ><><

nightfighter
10-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Do we have a time?

Guppy, what do I bring for gear, rod reel? Was thinking of S glass 5.5' rod with Abu Record 6500 sized reel.

Sea Dangles
10-17-2016, 07:43 AM
Guys, I am pulling out of tog fest. I moved my boat from Westport to Scituate weeks ago to chase tuna and I just can't seem to leave. I love toggling, it's full of laughs and great to eat,but this tuna thing is too much fun to leave behind. I had every intention of catching chinners and I am sorry to let my guests down. Next year I guess.

hq2
10-17-2016, 07:58 AM
Sorry to hear that; was looking forward to it. Anybody else got any boat
space left? Will pay gas + depreciation and maintenance....:fishin:

Cohenfishin
10-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Guys, I am pulling out of tog fest. I moved my boat from Westport to Scituate weeks ago to chase tuna and I just can't seem to leave. I love toggling, it's full of laughs and great to eat,but this tuna thing is too much fun to leave behind. I had every intention of catching chinners and I am sorry to let my guests down. Next year I guess.
I'm right there with you Chris. That bite is just too hot to leave it alone.

fish raptor
10-17-2016, 09:03 AM

I just found out today. Sorry to hear that I won't be fishing with you and the other guys. I look forward to fishing with you down the road, thanks for the invite just the same.

At this point I don't have a ride. Does anyone have room on their boat ?

Would help with fuel, crabs and whatever.

fish4striper
10-18-2016, 06:08 AM
With the current wind forecast, doesn't look like anyone is going anywhere Sunday

niko
10-18-2016, 09:14 AM
Winds honking and everyone has tuna fever

Clammer
10-18-2016, 11:44 AM
flat ass here last 48hours .but it suppose to be coming ><><

RickBomba
10-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I hope the weather changes. If not, we can try for the next weekend. There's lots of keepers out there!

Guppy
10-18-2016, 05:12 PM
With the current wind forecast, doesn't look like anyone is going anywhere Sunday

Ya, doesn't look good Jeff

Yesterday's forecast for today was about as close as my chances of hitting the loto....

Com tog closed today also.... I could use a couple days off :-)

Got Stripers
10-18-2016, 05:34 PM
Ya, doesn't look good Jeff

Yesterday's forecast for today was about as close as my chances of hitting the loto....

Com tog closed today also.... I could use a couple days off :-)

Great golf weather, thankfully I have a couple passions to get my fixes from, but hope to get back on some fish Thursday. Might try a daytime king tide up inside the Westport River, should be schoolie action for sure.

nightfighter
10-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Sun. Oct 23.

Mostly Sunny/Wind
59° 45°  0% W 20 mph 51% 3 of 10  7:05 am  5:49 pm  12:01 am  2:22 pm

Wind increasing. A few clouds from time to time. High 59F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.

This has not been improving.... Not really a forecast that makes me want to drive a distance.... What do we want to do? The sooner we call it and reschedule, the greater the chance I have of seeing if the make up date works....

Guppy
10-20-2016, 06:08 AM
OK
Looks pretty sure this weekend is out... :-(

Soooooo, how about the 30th with the 29th the blow out date...

Hope this works and my crew is still on....

Next year Paul (Niko) is picking the date, his dates work! :-)

Guppy
10-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Doesn't look good boys! :huh: