wdmso
10-07-2016, 03:44 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37568235

I wonder how the message was taken by those in that situation again just odd

buckman
10-07-2016, 07:06 AM

I'm sure this is it being taken out of context but your side has the dead vote , the living at least get to pick who they want . 😃
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
10-07-2016, 07:30 AM
What's next? The deceased ?

detbuch
10-07-2016, 08:06 AM

If you only had two weeks to live, you might want to think, or "feel," that there was still a sense of purpose for you in those two weeks. Or you could just purposelessly count out the clock.

Among other things, including love of family, you might want to be a part of helping to make the life of your loved ones freer and better.

Of course, there is a "context," as Spence would say, to that brief video excerpt. But let's just disregard that so that we can be outraged or indignant or condescending, or, we might say, hateful.

wdmso
10-07-2016, 03:14 PM
If you only had two weeks to live, you might want to think, or "feel," that there was still a sense of purpose for you in those two weeks. Or you could just purposelessly count out the clock.

Among other things, including love of family, you might want to be a part of helping to make the life of your loved ones freer and better.

Of course, there is a "context," as Spence would say, to that brief video excerpt. But let's just disregard that so that we can be outraged or indignant or condescending, or, we might say, hateful.

seems your being a bit defensive of your Man..

I just find it odd to mention that demographic in that manner? no outrage indignant or condescending,or , hateful Just odd

spence
10-07-2016, 03:24 PM
The "context" here is that Trump is once again just saying stupid things to get media attention. Hey, it's worked so far...

This though is not rude, crude, bigoted or misogynistic, it's just really really creepy.

buckman
10-07-2016, 03:34 PM
The "context" here is that Trump is once again just saying stupid things to get media attention. Hey, it's worked so far...

This though is not rude, crude, bigoted or misogynistic, it's just really really creepy.

And having a child actor at your Townhall ask a scripted question about how Donald Trump has hurt young girls feelings isn't creepy at all .

spence
10-07-2016, 03:40 PM
And having a child actor at your Townhall ask a scripted question about how Donald Trump has hurt young girls feelings isn't creepy at all .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html?postshare=6361475870515092&tid=ss_tw

Wow, just wow. This is what you support?

buckman
10-07-2016, 05:41 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/2016/10/07/3b9ce776-8cb4-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html?postshare=6361475870515092&tid=ss_tw

I'm a guy , I'm sure Hillary has said worse

spence
10-07-2016, 07:34 PM
I'm a guy , I'm sure Hillary has said worse
Deplorable.

detbuch
10-07-2016, 09:07 PM
seems your being a bit defensive of your Man..

Trump is not my man. He is the candidate for the party that claims to want to appoint SCOTUS judges in the mold of Scalia and Thomas. I am, as I have said over and over in many, many ways, a defender of the Constitution, not a defender of personalities. Imperfect persons come and go. I do not want that to happen to the Constitution.

I was not defending Trump. I was answering your question: "I wonder how the message was taken by those in that situation again just odd"? It seems odd that you consider my answer a defense of Trump, whom I have said a few times already that I don't like. Although, I am beginning to like him a bit since, as TDF might say, he makes Progressive heads explode. And the fallout from the explosion is stuff like the video, and "expose" articles like in the WAPOST and NYT and Salon and more videos and on and on. Of course, that's not odd. That sort of poison and vituperation is expected when you cut one of Hydra's heads off. At any rate, rather than my being defensive of Trump, it seems you are being offensive about him.

I just find it odd to mention that demographic in that manner? no outrage indignant or condescending,or , hateful Just odd

Ohhhh . . . just odd. The world is full of oddities. Trump certainly has his share. As do, no doubt, you or I. Did you just suddenly decide out of the clear blue to point out one of the innumerable existing oddities? And what are we to make of that? Is that good, bad, or indifferent? Does it matter? Do you really care? Is it some really important piece of oddity that we should know about? Will it make a difference in our lives? Or do you just want to entertain us with your piece of oddity?

And BTW, as has been pointed out by a couple of us, there is a context to the speech that puts the highly selected portion of video in a way that is neither "odd" nor outrageous. The next line, conveniently left out of the video is: "I'm only kidding" said with a big smile. And what was the point behind his kidding? The point was that it is very critical that those who want Trump over Hillary get out and vote. In the speech, he reiterates things like "gotta get out and vote folks." Or "On Nov. 8 the arrogance of Washington D.C. will come face to face with the verdict of the American voter." He said this may be the last chance to deliver justice and that, unlike the repeated notion of past elections being the most important in our lifetime, this one really is. The stress on the importance of voting, the expression on his face when he said it, the tone and tenor and message of the speech create a fuller context for the typically outlandish Trump way of putting something. Of course, that way lends itself to "out of context" selections that are made a big gotcha deal over.

Of course, you merely consider that odd. But Trumps political enemies glom onto this stuff like its electoral Manna. You, of course, don't think anyone should be outraged, or indignant, or condescending, or aroused to some form of hate by this kind of stuff. Certainly of no importance to the election. You just think it's odd.

I don't care about Hillary or Trump as people. I care about the system of government we will be left with depending on which one is elected. You, of course, are not single issue oriented. So . . . what other issues do you care about?

detbuch
10-08-2016, 12:12 AM

You got the context totally wrong. And what he said, in the actual context, was not creepy.

What is creepy is your constant attempt to play the Trump is not Presidential card by bringing up what various anti-Trump media dig up from whatever grave-yard of useless information they can find. Somehow these supposedly scandalous tidbits are supposed to make Trump unfit to be President.

Really?

detbuch
10-08-2016, 12:28 AM

Wow, just wow. Washington and Jefferson owned slaves. Is what Trump said worse than that? How did they do as Presidents? And they owned slaves while they actually were Presidents. Who knows what they said in confidence about how they tried to seduce women?

JFK was a hound for it--and during his whole political life, including when he was actually President. How did he do as President?

Oh, yeah. Bill Clinton. And Hillary calling his prey "bimbos." I can imagine Bill sitting back with some buds and a cigar talking about his conquests. There were those who actually praised his sexual exploits as being indicators of a strong alpha male type whose prowess would actually make him a superior President. How did he do as President?

Are you really that naïve? You don't think many powerful men who have succeeded well in life don't like to brag? Oh, yeah . . . ditto for unsuccessful men.

Apparently you and wdmso consider stuff like this as those "other issues" beside my one-note-Johnny concern over who will appoint SCOTUS judges.

Yeah --wow, just wow.

buckman
10-08-2016, 01:58 AM
Deplorable.

You should hear how middle-age women talk over a bottle of wine. Your virgin ears would be so offended 😮

spence
10-08-2016, 06:47 AM
You should hear how middle-age women talk over a bottle of wine. Your virgin ears would be so offended 😮
I've seen plenty of crude stuff over the years but I've never in my entire life have heard anyone brag of sexual assault.

Nebe
10-08-2016, 06:53 AM
I've seen plenty of crude stuff over the years but I've never in my entire life have heard anyone brag of sexual assault.
Same here

wdmso
10-08-2016, 07:18 AM
Mr Trump said that "these words don't reflect who I am... I apologise".

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37594918

PaulS
10-08-2016, 07:38 AM
And in a related note, Breitbart announced that they should be able to make up something worse one of Hillary's second cousin's said that she can be held accountable for.

Fly Rod
10-08-2016, 07:58 AM
wd and spence, what was wrong with what he said, "NOTHING." R U both trying to denie my right to vote?....hopefully I will still B around in Nov....

Nebe, they have already found some deceased names that have supposedly voted....:)

I believe that both parties could find better people to run from a homeless shelter....:)

Nebe
10-08-2016, 09:12 AM
I agree fly rod

detbuch
10-08-2016, 09:19 AM

"Sexual assault"? Wow, just wow. Hey, some feminists consider a man asking his wife for lovin' to be sexual assault. Of course, asking a subordinate for a blow job in the oval office would not be considered that. That would be more like appearing presidential. And protecting that oh so important appearance justifies shielding someone from various incidents which were actually sexual assaults.

If a blow job is not a sexual relation, why is what Trump said sexual assault? Why is committing sexual assault while being President just personal stuff that is nobody else's business, but what Trump said in private while not even holding political office disqualifies him from being President?

As Trump said, “And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” Clinton, Kennedy, and who knows how many other Presidents, took advantage of their "star" power to "sexually assault" many women. And Clinton is accused of continuing assaults when the women objected and resisted. At least Trump didn't force anything beyond initial advances if the woman said no.

Different strokes for different folks.

And now Trump apologizes for describing a decade ago, in vulgar language, a failed and unforced attempt. I have to admit that I laughed when I heard it. The scripted mea culpa that is so common now by those seeking the public vote. And Republicans jumping off the ship like scared rats. I can't help it. The scenario is just funny. The underlying hypocrisy on both sides is deliciously hilarious.

These are the important "issues." That's all they got.

And Spence, maybe, when you've heard men brag about sexual adventures, that is if your ears are not unusually virgin, they just didn't claim that they were "sexual assaults."

wdmso
10-08-2016, 09:47 AM
wd and spence, what was wrong with what he said, "NOTHING." R U both trying to denie my right to vote?....hopefully I will still B around in Nov....

Nebe, they have already found some deceased names that have supposedly voted....:)

I believe that both parties could find better people to run from a homeless shelter....:)

???? who said what he said was wrong regarding the terminally ill .. as I just found it odd.. for the other statement i made no comment about it .. So you see pointing out issues about trump as

"trying to denie my right to vote?...": If you think thats what I am doing maybe you shouldn't be voting ... with that logic ..

or are you are saying your terminal ill ... or am i miss reading your post? , if your are I am sorry for you and your family .. and his statement is still odd to me

detbuch
10-08-2016, 01:26 PM
his statement is still odd to me

If you are still depending on an edited video, which omitted the rest of his statement, I can see how it might seem odd to you depending on your own selective filtration. Even though in its selectively biased editing it still can be seen, as I pointed out in my response to your question, as an affirmation of importance to the rest of one's limited time to remain alive.

However, if you watch the whole speech, the statement was not odd at all. Unless, of course, your bias simply won't allow you to hear it in the vein it was presented.

spence
10-08-2016, 01:42 PM
If you are still depending on an edited video, which omitted the rest of his statement, I can see how it might seem odd to you depending on your own selective filtration. Even though in its selectively biased editing it still can be seen, as I pointed out in my response to your question, as an affirmation of importance to the rest of one's limited time to remain alive.

However, if you watch the whole speech, the statement was not odd at all. Unless, of course, your bias simply won't allow you to hear it in the vein it was presented.
True, we've just come to learn that in the original video with the open mic Trump was actually about to enter a pet store.

detbuch
10-08-2016, 02:04 PM
True, we've just come to learn that in the original video with the open mic Trump was actually about to enter a pet store.

Are we talking about the same video? The Nevada rally speech?

spence
10-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Are we talking about the same video? The Nevada rally speech?
Oh, sorry no. I'm getting all his repugnant quotes mixed up.

detbuch
10-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Oh, sorry no. I'm getting all his repugnant quotes mixed up.

The Nevada statement is not repugnant, Why are you being so bitchy? Ohhh . . . I just made a repugnant.

Let me rephrase. Why are you being so deplorable?

detbuch
10-08-2016, 09:28 PM
So far, neither wdmso nor Spence has pointed out why Trump's edited Nevada statement is odd or creepy. I'm guessing they want to just lay a turd and walk away hoping the smell will disgust everyone else. But actually attempting to defend their repugnant piece of poop would expose it as an irrational bias--the sort of intellectual dishonesty that Spence dislikes.

scottw
10-09-2016, 04:36 AM
geeeez....when did leftists become such prudes? this is comical :huh:

Jim in CT
10-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Deplorable.

Hilary enabled a predator of women, she lied to the country to defend him (saying bill was the innocent victim of the vast right wing conspiracy). Hilary referred to his victims as looney tones, bimbos, and trailer trash. Bill Clinton remains enormously popular with democrats. And the same people who are calling out trump are the ones who kept Ted Kennedy in the senate for 85 years. So when exactly did the democratic opposition to crass treatment of women have its genesis?
Trump is an absolute obnoxious jerk. No one can deny that. But let's not pretend that she is noticeably better. Her choice of language isn't as crass as his, but for damned sure she threw women under the bus when it suited her, now I'm supposed to believe she's the second coming of Gloria Allred. Dems defended bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy, it's a wee bit late for them to start clutching their pearls now

wdmso
10-09-2016, 08:40 AM
So far, neither wdmso nor Spence has pointed out why Trump's edited Nevada statement is odd or creepy. I'm guessing they want to just lay a turd and walk away hoping the smell will disgust everyone else. But actually attempting to defend their repugnant piece of poop would expose it as an irrational bias--the sort of intellectual dishonesty that Spence dislikes.

Whats to point out?

I found it odd I repeat I found it Odd.. asking the terminally ill to stay alive to vote he mentioned elvis also

I am not asking for why others don't find that comment odd thats your business

but if wish to elaborate please do

you must be into intellectual origami you put in great effort avoiding his actions or statement yet love blaming it on others with the rights catch most used catch phrase "Bias "

detbuch
10-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Whats to point out?

I found it odd I repeat I found it Odd.. asking the terminally ill to stay alive to vote he mentioned elvis also

I am not asking for why others don't find that comment odd thats your business

but if wish to elaborate please do.

I already elaborated. You did not elaborate. You just kept repeating that it is odd. You apparently don't know why you think it is odd. It is just odd.

I elaborated how the statement could actually give meaning to a life about to end. I actually elaborated. For you, it's just odd. I pointed out that the video was conveniently edited to leave out the key comment that he was just kidding--as he is prone to do, often laced with sarcasm, if you haven't noticed. But you don't seem to notice anything positive about Trump, just the negative and often distorted comments and videos. I guess it's just your business why you do so. The actual speech puts the comment in proper context. And in that context, it is not a weird, odd thing to say. Unless you want to make it seem to be. Just as the video you depended on intended for you to come to your opinion, or worse. And you fell for it. That I elaborated on all that, pointing out the videos trickery, that doesn't seem to put a dent in your notion that his comment is just odd. And I asked if we should take that notion as a negative reaction or not, whether it was a good or bad odd. So far you insist only that it was just odd. So what? Oh, hey guys, look at this. wdmso thinks it's odd. Really? That's interesting? So give me the low down. Why does he think it is odd? This could be good. Well . . . no, there's no scoop. Nothing really to chat about. He just thinks it's odd. Oh . . . OK then. Let's go fishing.

you must be into intellectual origami

Is that good, bad, just odd, or totally irrelevant?

you put in great effort avoiding his actions or statement

I didn't avoid his statement. I even listened to his whole speech, which it seems you avoided doing. I explained how the edited portion of the speech you depended on was deceptive. You continue to avoid that deception.

yet love blaming it on others with the rights catch most used catch phrase "Bias "

Either that video was biased or it wasn't. What would you call leaving out a sentence in order to make it appear that what he said was hateful, cold, weird, odd, or whatever, when it wasn't that at all.

scottw
10-09-2016, 09:38 AM
I can't believe he mentioned Elvis.....that is really deplorable!

wdmso
10-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Either that video was biased or it wasn't. What would you call leaving out a sentence in order to make it appear that what he said was hateful, cold, weird, odd, or whatever, when it wasn't that at all.

I say it kidding but I mean it... is that his disclaimer ? That alone changes the context really ?

So he was only joking about terminally I'll people to make a get out and vote argument wow ! Again thanks for having to explain what Trump ment to say rather than what he said ? How could have mistaken that's as odd
Your correct that's normal for Him... I stand corrected

detbuch
10-09-2016, 11:51 AM
I say it kidding but I mean it... is that his disclaimer ? That alone changes the context really ?

He didn't mean it as a fact. He meant it (you'll like this) as a metaphor (you've said before that his comments were metaphors). And he understood that overly sensitive folks would take his comment literally (or that his enemies would twist it) so he added that he was just kidding. That does change the context. But not that alone. The whole speech adds context.

So he was only joking about terminally I'll people to make a get out and vote argument wow ! Again thanks for having to explain what Trump ment to say rather than what he said ? How could have mistaken that's as odd

He didn't make a joke about terminally ill people. He didn't say anything ABOUT terminally ill people. You're doing what the left is good at. Such as expanding Trump's insults of specific women to insulting all women. There was no joke made about terminally ill people nor was one intended. He was emphasizing that it was so important to get out and vote this time that METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING (he was just kidding) even if you were terminally ill, you should get out and vote. That was not a joke, about terminally ill people. That was a metaphor for how important it was to get out and vote. It was speaking metaphorically. Speaking metaphorically means not to be taken literally. Surely you understand that as you have said the same about Trumps words in the past.

Or, I think, you prefer not to understand that.

Your correct that's normal for Him... I stand corrected

See, you do understand. You don't literally mean you stand corrected. But it's okay for you to be sarcastic and metaphorical.

wdmso
10-09-2016, 03:11 PM
See, you do understand. You don't literally mean you stand corrected. But it's okay for you to be sarcastic and metaphorical.

Yes it is, I am not ru nning for Potus . So it's OK to speak sarcastically and metaphorically about the terminally ill or women OK

Fyi

kidding a way of taking back everything you just said often used as an expression source urban dictionary

detbuch
10-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Yes it is, I am not ru nning for Potus .

You should try it. You're an extremely intelligent debater and would be tough to beat.

So it's OK to speak sarcastically and metaphorically about the terminally ill or women OK

OK.

Fyi

kidding a way of taking back everything you just said often used as an expression source urban dictionary

That's a very odd statement . . . in a good way. I like it. You're the winner!