View Full Version : Wearbar Company

piemma
10-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Thought I'd let you folks know about a %$$#@ incident I had with WearBars, Inc over the last 7 days.

I ordered a pack of 48 from them on 10/7 and payed using PayPal.
Received an email saying my package had been shipped and a tracking number was included. They shipped via USPS and should have shipped via FEDEX because they used my street address and not my PO box. We do not get mail at our house and that's why we have a PO box.

So I let them know this and got a $#@ty email back stating that it was my fault. PayPal has both addresses and, one would think that if a PO Box is listed and they are shipping via USPS, then they should use the PO box.

So I let my postmaster know and she says she'll keep an eye out for the package. Mean while I keep checking the tracking number and it says they still haven't received the package.

Today, (BTW, there is NO phone # available to call them) I send another email asking what the hell is going on. I get another sh%$#ty email this time stating that they will ship my studs today and I'll get them next week.

What happened to the package you supposedly shipped on the 7th? No response. How come the package never showed up anywhere...no response.
Last email sent by me" Please refund my money and I will not do business with you again.".

These guys suck!!! BTW, still no refund in paypal.

fish raptor
10-13-2016, 10:21 PM
interesting post....

hope you updated us on eventual status......

Thumper
10-14-2016, 07:39 AM
Don't waste your money on wearbars, get grip studs.

bloocrab
10-14-2016, 08:14 AM
Some Retail businesses forget how IMPORTANT the actual customer service experience can be......and how little it takes to discredit them and turn others away.

Good Luck

piemma
10-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Don't waste your money on wearbars, get grip studs.

Thumper and the rest of you guys, I received a refund from Wearbar Inc. this morning. I will not do business with them again. Off to Grip Studs.

Nebe
10-14-2016, 08:33 AM
As someone who occasionally ships my work to people, if you did not specifically state to ship USPS to your po box and then emailed me to give me chit about why I should have known, I probably would have given you an education.
Packing and shipping is an incredibly mindless job and who ever was doing their shipping probably had their brain set to low that day. But regardless.. it's up to you to specify these things.

Lastly, when you generate a shipping label it begins the tracking paper trail but that doesn't mean the fed ex truck comes to do a pick up every day. "Shipped" only means a label has been generated.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

DZ
10-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Thumper and the rest of you guys, I received a refund from Wearbar Inc. this morning. I will not do business with them again. Off to Grip Studs.

Paul,
If you decide to go with Grip Studs make sure your boot has a thick enough sole to accept them.

DZ

Rob Rockcrawler
10-14-2016, 09:47 AM
I second or third the grip studs. They seem to last longer than the wear bars. Bummer that you had issues wit wear bars service. It is so frustrating when things get fouled up. As DZ said make sure your soles are thick, i ave to pull a couple out every season when they get pushed in and start poking through the inserts in my boots. I usually have 2 pairs of inserts in the boots for added comfort .

Thumper
10-14-2016, 10:39 AM

eBay is your best bet, about a buck a stud. I put 33, I think in each boot and feel like spider man, lol. As Rob said two sets of inserts is a good idea.

piemma
10-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Paul,
If you decide to go with Grip Studs make sure your boot has a thick enough sole to accept them.

DZ

There are 2 sizes right?

BTW, I spoke with Samantha. All set!! Thanks!

numbskull
10-19-2016, 02:57 PM
I have had bad luck with both wearbars and gripstuds in rubber soles.

The grip studs, which I used in bootfoot waders, rusted out (turned to dust is more like it) after 2-3 seasons leaving holes that can't accept new studs.
The wearbars in vibram bent over and pulled out although those that did not held up better than the grip studs.

The Simms studs have worked best for me on rock but lack the length for grip in weed. They do wear down but can be pulled and replaced repeatedly. Stud loss is infrequent.

I've been tempted to retry felt with washers/studs but feel that the felt itself would wear quickly (I used to only get 1 season out of simms boots with felt soles and built in studs).

Frustrating.