View Full Version : Togfest Reschedule

hq2
10-19-2016, 08:07 PM
Well, this week appears out; it has been tunaed/blown out.
I put this thread up here so folks checking the board would
see it. Is next week possible? The tog should be there (a late fall).
Do folks want to try again?

Guppy
10-20-2016, 06:11 AM
30th ?
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=91270

RickBomba
10-20-2016, 10:55 PM
I can do the 30th, but I have to be back to land by 2 PM. I have a surprise party for one of my best friends in Waltham at 4.

I think I'm wide open on the 29th. I'll check.

Clammer
10-21-2016, 10:48 PM
RB you dO know when yfisherman,s boat . there are no watches & no arrival time back in port ><>< .:love:

BTW I,d love to go , But I,m not a traliering kind of guy .same kind of luck as when I,m otw with the boat :fury:

RickBomba
10-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I know. I hope the weather holds.

Guppy
10-26-2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I know. I hope the weather holds.

Ya, looks great, Saturday 4 footers and Sunday 2 to 3 :spin::heybaby:

hq2
10-26-2016, 05:53 PM
Doesn't look promising....:alright:

RickBomba
10-26-2016, 06:58 PM
I don't know...maybe 11/6?

fish raptor
10-26-2016, 11:36 PM
I would like to see it rescheduled......I would go....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy
10-27-2016, 05:47 AM
I don't know...maybe 11/6?

I'll still be in, going today, works for me

fish raptor
10-27-2016, 07:17 AM
If there is a reschedg and anyone has room on their boat would like to join you...more than happy to chip in for gas, food, crabs....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

hq2
10-27-2016, 07:34 AM
Likewise with fish raptors comments.

RickBomba
10-27-2016, 12:22 PM
I'm in for 11/6, too. Good luck out there today, Gup.

Guppy
10-27-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm in for 11/6, too. Good luck out there today, Gup.

They're still chomping, not as good as before all the wind....

RickBomba
10-28-2016, 12:48 AM
I wonder if they've moved deeper since the water is all roiled up. If the weather stays in the 60's next week, they may come back home.

I was putting my tog rod away today (the one I left in the truck), and went to tighten the line and the braid broke. Would have sucked if it happened on a big one. I'm gonna hide more money if I can borrow another one of your rigs. Made all the difference.

What a day that was, too. Best time I've had since pogie palooza.

If the wind ever calms down again, I can do Mondays and Wednesdays. Jess' parents are on a 3 week cruise, so I'm mr. mom on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Good Luck!
Rick

Guppy
10-28-2016, 05:58 AM
I wonder if they've moved deeper since the water is all roiled up. If the weather stays in the 60's next week, they may come back home.

I was putting my tog rod away today (the one I left in the truck), and went to tighten the line and the braid broke. Would have sucked if it happened on a big one. I'm gonna hide more money if I can borrow another one of your rigs. Made all the difference.

What a day that was, too. Best time I've had since pogie palooza.

If the wind ever calms down again, I can do Mondays and Wednesdays. Jess' parents are on a 3 week cruise, so I'm mr. mom on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Good Luck!
Rick

Roger that

Cool Beans
10-28-2016, 07:17 AM
All these reschedules and stuff seem to always happen, why not just have one every weekend in Oct and Nov and even if 2 guys show up and fish some weekends but others you get more then its a total success. Trying to pick one day for all of you guys always seems to crumble, if a few would just start meeting and fishing every Saturday, I bet it would increase in numbers and would make for a lot better reading on the site.

just my humble opinion...

I'd like to start something like this once I find decent fishing in the Wickford or Allen Harbor areas. As of this week I moved the boat from Newport navy base to fish closer to home. A friend and I are meeting up tomorrow to take both our boats out scouting for tog in that area.

JohnR
10-28-2016, 07:22 AM
All these reschedules and stuff seem to always happen, why not just have one every weekend in Oct and Nov and even if 2 guys show up and fish some weekends but others you get more then its a total success. Trying to pick one day for all of you guys always seems to crumble, if a few would just start meeting and fishing every Saturday, I bet it would increase in numbers and would make for a lot better reading on the site.

I'd like to start something like this once I find decent fishing in the Wickford or Allen Harbor areas. As of this week I moved the boat from Newport navy base to fish closer to home. A friend and I are meeting up tomorrow to take both our boats out scouting for tog in that area.

Weather and the Fickle Finger of Fate ;)

Got Stripers
10-28-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm heading out Tuesday with a friend, looking like decent weather, with light wind (hopefully).

Guppy
10-28-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm heading out Tuesday with a friend, looking like decent weather, with light wind (hopefully).

It looks good does it! Geees, I've got a PT appointment mid day... Wouldn't ya know it :-(

If u need crabs ( or anyone for that matter) I've got plenty to spare, willing to meet at the ditch.... Haven't checked the hotel in a couple days but they should be plenty...
GL

Guppy
10-28-2016, 03:55 PM

Beans, that sounds like a good idea. Weekends are tough for me seeing as I'm a retired slacker and pretty much fish all week... The local war department thinks it's best I don't fish weekends... :smash:

Launched from the base couple weeks ago on Wayne's boat Alby fishing.... Wayne 3 Gup 0..... Plus I fell on my arz and dropped a rod overboard, the good news is the rod was not mine .... LOL

OK, NEXT YEAR EVERY SATURDAY MORNING :):):)

Got Stripers
10-28-2016, 06:40 PM
It looks good does it! Geees, I've got a PT appointment mid day... Wouldn't ya know it :-(

If u need crabs ( or anyone for that matter) I've got plenty to spare, willing to meet at the ditch.... Haven't checked the hotel in a couple days but they should be plenty...
GL

No problem, I'm along for the ride, crabs are on him this trip. He is an engineer I've taken out a couple years the end of October for business, but also we have become friends as well. We have had killer fishing the last weekend of October both times with so many 4-6 lbers it was unreal and I'm hoping Tuesday will be a threepeat. Timing is close, winds and weather looks to be similar, won't know until we get out and drop anchor. Last trip out I had my personal best with an 11 lber, I'd love to hook up with another slob like that one. He misses our year end trips, as do I, but I can't get him out to that favorite ledge in my kayak:).

Clammer
10-28-2016, 08:10 PM
C/B your moving your boat from t he base to Wickford/Allens harbor .......... IMO you should be staying there as the remainder of the good fidhing [IMO} will be on the outside & on the east side .

the wind may of slowed the exit from the bay in which case you,ll have a bite near Wickford ...bring plenty of bait .for all the shorts on all species <>< suppose to go tomorrow .but currently its a blowin out there ><>

As of Sunday keepers were still WAAAAAAAAAAY up the bay ><><

Cool Beans
10-29-2016, 03:02 PM
Went out this morning (sat) from Allen harbor, found a few wreck/rock piles and landed over a dozen Tog (5 keepers). My friend also caught about the same in his boat, however he didn't keep any (claims they are too beautiful).... I called it around noon and headed home when the wind started to pick up.

Clammer
10-29-2016, 03:42 PM
CB what do you have for a boat ????????????/

Cool Beans
10-29-2016, 06:13 PM
CB what do you have for a boat ????????????/

an old (late 60's MFG) with an old 2 stroke Johnson on her. She aint pretty, she smokes a little bit and "burps" occasionally, but she gets me on the water. Red on top with white hull

Clammer
10-29-2016, 06:41 PM
that,s all that matter .didn,t see ya ................ caught 25 ish fish 3 keepers <><

Cool Beans
10-29-2016, 07:22 PM
First time trying something new with the tog jigs. I brought out my old trout rod with 15 pound line on it. Very sensitive on the bite and hooked up a lot more often than before using the heavier rods. I did lose 2 jigs on fish that got me too close to the sharp rocks with that 15# line. But is was a ton of fun.....

Clammer
10-29-2016, 07:52 PM
heavy rods are gone .but a flyrod with 15# is pushing it .....have fun ...........I guess I,m heading again in the morning ><>

Clammer
10-29-2016, 07:54 PM
rED & WHite ....... ARE YOU FIshing fryers cove to t:wavey:he middle channel alot in the early summer .probably Scup & a few fluke ????

Cool Beans
10-30-2016, 09:31 AM
rED & WHite ....... ARE YOU FIshing fryers cove to t:wavey:he middle channel alot in the early summer .probably Scup & a few fluke ????

Boat wasn't red until mid summer, when my daughter (who liked Pokemon Go) wanted to do a Father - Daughter project and paint the boat together to make it the colors of Pokemon Team Valor. It's not too often that my daughter wants to do stuff like this, so what's a dad to do.... LOL... Today she doesn't play Pokemon Go anymore, but the boat is red and white with the Team Valor logo painted on the left side and I have a few nice memories painting the boat with her, so its a win win.

And mid summer I am usually running rec lobster pots and chasing fluke near the base, or diamond jigging for stripers near Prudence.

Guppy
10-30-2016, 06:30 PM

GL

Hoping to reschedule appointment and go Tursday...:huh:

Went today out my back door for couple hours, not a touch after such a good bite three days ago, Thursday .... Then I see the seals eyeballing me.... Makes me think that maybe the couple togzillas I missed last couple weeks may have been a f n seal! :nailem: