View Full Version : To the Wonderful person....

FishermanTim
10-20-2016, 11:30 AM
...on the Cape side jetty of the canal near Scussett, Thanks for constantly shining your "ultra-bright" spotlight across the canal last night.

From the frequency of your stopping and shining your light down on the water below and across the canal I can only surmise one thing:

You were probably checking lobster pots, and they weren't yours!

Between you and the repeated offender to my right (who kept his night-light on all night) I started getting a headache from having to get my "night vision" back every time either one of you decided I needed to be seen to see if I had caught a fish yet!

If keeps happening I may have to say something.
(or maybe bring my 1,000,000 candle power spotlight and keep shining it in their faces?)

Really, as I've said before, if you need a night-light to fish, maybe you shouldn't be out after dark (let alone fishing at night!)

ecduzitgood
10-20-2016, 11:49 AM
...on the Cape side jetty of the canal near Scussett, Thanks for constantly shining your "ultra-bright" spotlight across the canal last night.

From the frequency of your stopping and shining your light down on the water below and across the canal I can only surmise one thing:

You were probably checking lobster pots, and they weren't yours!

Between you and the repeated offender to my right (who kept his night-light on all night) I started getting a headache from having to get my "night vision" back every time either one of you decided I needed to be seen to see if I had caught a fish yet!

If keeps happening I may have to say something.
(or maybe bring my 1,000,000 candle power spotlight and keep shining it in their faces?)

Really, as I've said before, if you need a night-light to fish, maybe you shouldn't be out after dark (let alone fishing at night!)

I have used my led headlamp from my bike to get them to stop lighting me up from the other side. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma
11-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Always been a problem. Years ago when I was a crazy man, I "borrowed" a light from one of these nitwits at Black Point and threw it as far as possible into the bay.

FishermanTim
11-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Always been a problem. Years ago when I was a crazy man, I "borrowed" a light from one of these nitwits at Black Point and threw it as far as possible into the bay.

If I had been drinking anything when I read this, it would have been all over my monitor right now...Good one!

Got Stripers
11-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Before I fished the salt, I had a S10 blazer with lights on the roof rack, because they looked cool and occassionally they came in handy offroad. So the parents gave us a time share on the Vineyard for our honeymoon and by the time we got to use it, the wife was a few months along and hit the hay early. I was bored and decided I'd air down and ride the beach and of course the spots and fogs were blazing. I don't even recall what end I was on, but I get out to the end and shut off the truck and walked down to ask all the surf fishermen how they were doing; any guess at the response I got:).

Guppy
11-06-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm getting PO'd just thinking about the boats I see out at night with headlights.... Had one blind me enough in a Chanel so's I ran aground, got off in time to go have a little CHAT with him :realmad:

Rockfish9
11-11-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm getting PO'd just thinking about the boats I see out at night with headlights.... Had one blind me enough in a Chanel so's I ran aground, got off in time to go have a little CHAT with him :realmad:

... the ONLY reason I carry a spotlight... REVENGE....