View Full Version : Fishing the Long Island

rphud
10-22-2016, 10:02 AM
I am currently "stationed" in Melville NY and would like to get out now and then to ply the beaches. I would be parking and walking on since the V70 while it is AWD, does not do the beach due to low ground clearance. ("that's, I say that's a joke son") Any suggestions for access to walk-on "spots" (without burning please) would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to PM me if you think any info might be considered spot burning.

thanks in advance for the help

Bob H.

MakoMike
10-22-2016, 10:16 AM
All of the state beaches are easy access and at this time of year so are the town beaches. Are you looking to fish the south shore or the north shore?

rphud
10-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Hi Mike

Either north or south is fine by me. Might even try to get out to the end if I find enough free time some day. Getting a read off the websites for the parks was tough as far as costs and closing times...etc. Thought some local input would clear things up a bit.

Bob H.

MakoMike
10-23-2016, 07:26 AM
North shore is tough for access, south shore is much easier. Jones beach, west end parking lot 2 is a popular spot to access Jones inlet. Robert Moses state park is easy access to the west end of Fire Island and Fire Island inlet. Shinnecock inlet is accessable from the Southhampton beach parks. Lots of places to explore, just get out your maps.

rphud
10-23-2016, 07:52 AM
Thanks Mike. I have my marching orders!