View Full Version : Had the canal all to myself last night...

FishermanTim
11-03-2016, 10:33 AM
The east end, that is....and I was catching fish all night long.

OK, not ALL NIGHT, but for as long as I was there.

OK, so they weren't all keepers, in fact only a couple were keeper size, but those dinks were "tail-tugging" my rubber lures like crazy!
Knowing that section is mostly sand and weed, it was a pleasant shock to start getting bumps and thumps on almost every cast!
I threw 5 or 6 different lures, and they hit them all!

I willingly stopped just after 10 so I could drive home in time to see the end of game 7.

I was surprised that there weren't any other people there last night, since the conditions were great.

jettyjockey18
11-03-2016, 02:22 PM
take it when you can get it...one night in early October mid 00's i went down to one of my old favorite (very popular) near east end jigging spots just to get out of the house...from numerous reliable sources the canal had been deadsville for a week but I didn't care, figured i get in some casting practice... for 2 hours i slayed, including 5 fish between 45 and 46.5 inches...not another soul around...nada...zip...probably never happen like that again.

bloocrab
11-03-2016, 02:46 PM
This post went VIRAL.........just read about it on FaceBook too!!!
East End is a Zoo right now.........:eek5:

FishermanTim
11-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Maybe if we post something about a blitz at the polling locations we can get people to go there too?:jump:

Thumper
11-04-2016, 06:46 AM
take it when you can get it...one night in early October mid 00's i went down to one of my old favorite (very popular) near east end jigging spots just to get out of the house...from numerous reliable sources the canal had been deadsville for a week but I didn't care, figured i get in some casting practice... for 2 hours i slayed, including 5 fish between 45 and 46.5 inches...not another soul around...nada...zip...probably never happen like that again.

That right there is the #1 reason you don't follow good or bad reports and keep on your own track throughout the season(s).

Rob Rockcrawler
11-05-2016, 08:51 AM
I had one of my best nights of fishing at the canal about this time of year probably 15 years ago, it was the year storm shads hit the market. Me and my buddy got over 200 fish in about 4 hours, took a break to watch the northern lights and have dinner came back and slammedem some more. All 24-32" fish, my hands were a wreck. Still talk about that day with my bud when i see him.