View Full Version : Want to be taken seriously?

JohnR
11-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Want to be taken seriously?

Stop crying that your candidate did not get elected.

Stop protesting in the streets, burning flags and stopping commerce.

Stop beating cops and your fellow citizens.

Stop calling people that do not agree with you as racists.

Want to know why your candidate LOST? Because of the #^&#^&#^&#^& you are pulling RIGHT NOW. Enough people were repulsed by your stubborn-child-tantrums that they voted against YOU as much as the candidate you supported.

Start Adulting.

Mugz
11-10-2016, 09:47 AM
I will be quoting this if you don't mind!!

Excellent...

JohnR
11-10-2016, 09:56 AM
I will be quoting this if you don't mind!!

Excellent...

No problem at all, it is inspired by some things stated by other smart and reasonable people.

hq2
11-10-2016, 10:53 AM
What's done is done. Hillary had her obvious failings, and that's why she lost (although she did win the popular vote). I was very saddened that the democrats didn't nominate someone less unpopular; they clearly could have defeated Trump (although maybe not someone else).

JohnR
11-10-2016, 11:32 AM
What's done is done. Hillary had her obvious failings, and that's why she lost (although she did win the popular vote). I was very saddened that the democrats didn't nominate someone less unpopular; they clearly could have defeated Trump (although maybe not someone else).

Biden -v- Rubio would have been interesting.

scottw
11-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Biden -v- Rubio would have been interesting.

Red Sox -v- Dodgers would have been interesting too..:tm:

nightfighter
11-10-2016, 06:23 PM
Now we need to get rid of Elizabeth warren.........shooting her mouth off today. Not much different from the not my President group. Embarrassed to have her representing the state I live in.

BigBo
11-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Now we need to get rid of Elizabeth warren.........shooting her mouth off today. Not much different from the not my President group. Embarrassed to have her representing the state I live in.
That was a bitter, spiteful little rant she went on today. How about we give the guy a chance before the race baiters come out in full force.

piemma
11-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Well, I have lost 1/2 dozen friends and relatives over my posting about the Clinton supporters crying. I have been unfriended on FB, removed from LinkedIn networks and vilified by people I thought were friends.

Social media is a very powerful tool and, unknowingly, I must have really violated a lot of peoples' sensibilities.

On one hand, I feel badly that offended people. On the other hand, it is my right as an American to voice my opinion.

I believe it was Voltaire who said " I may disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

BigBo
11-11-2016, 07:59 AM
That's crazy Paul! At some point, people need to leave politics aside and maintain family and friendships. Such is the case here, I would never really dislike someone because of their political views. Not even Spence (I'm joking :hee: political views aside, I'm sure he's a great person). I would still consider pretty much everyone a friend regardless of their views. It would take more than that for me to cut off friendships and ties with family. And being a vet, your quote in the last line has significant importance to me.

piemma
11-11-2016, 10:17 AM
That's crazy Paul! At some point, people need to leave politics aside and maintain family and friendships. Such is the case here, I would never really dislike someone because of their political views. Not even Spence (I'm joking :hee: political views aside, I'm sure he's a great person). I would still consider pretty much everyone a friend regardless of their views. It would take more than that for me to cut off friendships and ties with family. And being a vet, your quote in the last line has significant importance to me.

Bo, one Vet to another. Thanks for your support and service. We probably served around the same time.

scottw
11-11-2016, 11:05 AM
I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving now...:bl:

FishermanTim
11-11-2016, 11:24 AM
I believe it was Voltaire who said " I may disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

That should be true, but unfortunately our latest batch of voting sheep have been force-fed a steady diet of worthless "selfyism".

Now when it's time to show their intelligence, they go right for the "let me speak so I can prevent you from speaking, and if you do speak I will call you a hater/racist without any justification" rants.

Dialogue is a dirty word to them, just as much as "fairness",
"equality", "respect" and "compassion" are.

One can only hope that we can all realize that old axiom:

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"

Only time will tell...