View Full Version : Surfland Chronicles, The History of Surfland Bait and Tackle

petern27
11-13-2016, 05:41 PM
The Next Plum Island Surfcaster's Meeting on Tuesday November 15 at The Newbury Fireman's Hall (7 pm) will feature

Martha Moulton Dudley of Surfland Bait & Tackle who will present

Surfland Chronicles
The History of Surfland Bait and Tackle
Serving the fishing community of Plum Island, MA since 1960.

$5 Entry fee for Non-members.

Check out our website--http://www.plumislandsurfcasters.org/ for more information.

This should be an very interesting presentation as Surfland has been the one of the most popular Bait and Tackle Shops in the Northeast for years with so much history!

BigFish
11-13-2016, 07:28 PM
I watched that online a couple of weeks ago.....very good too!!

spinncognito
11-13-2016, 10:15 PM
Hey Peter we are still getting bass as of this morning on a beach north of the one I saw you on last week...
Paul
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

petern27
11-14-2016, 07:30 AM
Wow-that's good news--thanks for sharing info!

OLD GOAT
11-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Sweetie and I took a ride on the Island while site seeing a few years ago and seeing Surfland for the first time I stopped in and spoke with Martha.
I asked her how long the shop was there as when I ride my bike on the Island the shop was not there and I took a left and rode down to Hudson bros. to get bait from (I think)Bert's wife.
Rode my bike about 35miles with a fishen rod,fished all night and rode home.

Rockfish9
11-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Made my first trip there in 1970... I remember when Martha and Liz were little girls and Ray would sit/sleep in a chair in front of the garage so he could sell worms to customers that showed up after closing time..