View Full Version : Feels Like Rain.......

BigFish
08-08-2003, 12:32 PM
How 'bout this weather? Ain't it great? Now I don't mind fishing in the rain but man, I can't put the top down on my CJ-7 for more than 30 minutes at a time.:bc: I am looking out my window right now and it is coming down in buckets. When will this weather pattern blow outta here?:wall: :smash: :rocketem: :nailem: :liquify: :fishslap: :doh: :sleeps:

bassmaster
08-08-2003, 12:38 PM
how is the gas Mi on Your jeep??:topic:

likwid
08-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Haven't had a clear good 2 weeks to take the hardtop off my wrangler yet this year....

Kinda sucks :confused:

BigFish
08-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Its not bad on the highway BM. I can drive from Abington to The Race, drive on, fish, and back home and I still got a quarter tank left. However around town it uses alot of fuel. Its got a Chrysler 318. I love it.:ss:

STEVE IN MASS
08-08-2003, 01:03 PM
"When will this weather pattern blow outta here?"

Tuesday...............

bassmaster
08-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
Its not bad on the highway BM. I can drive from Abington to The Race, drive on, fish, and back home and I still got a quarter tank left. However around town it uses alot of fuel. Its got a Chrysler 318. I love it.:ss:
what year:D
bet it gets up dont it

BigFish
08-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Yeah...it flies, especially on the highway. Its a 1985 CJ-7, automatic tranny, stock 2 barrel and intake. Needs a new carburator though.:kewl:

macojoe
08-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Same here!! I took the roof off my Blazer and I got caught with the top down the other day!! I am still determined not to put it back on yet. I have a tarp that I put on it in the night, and that has been when we have been getting the rain here on the cape. The sun was just out, but its going in and out.
What ever happened to the old New England saying that if you don't like the weather just wait a min. ???????????????? This is one long min.

missing link
08-08-2003, 01:35 PM
mj... rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, sun??? dont ya love it ??:smash:

Christian
08-08-2003, 02:58 PM
perfect day to fire up the LATHE and the stereo:happy: :happy:

BigFish
08-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Is that wood I smell? Christian, yellow with red heads. MMMMMmmmmm...wood!:uhuh:

Raven
08-08-2003, 05:18 PM
the stock 2 barrel carb , that is... allot cheaper than buying a new one... you just need to take your time. they dont really wear out, only the internal easy to replace parts do. Then spend your
savings on fishin gear.....:happy:

The Iceman 6
08-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Funny I caught my biggest striper to date in the pouring rain in n. truro, we split up, some of us went to chatham inlet and my brother and myself went to n. truro in a downpour - all we caught were keepers on half live eeels. they ranged from 30 - 40 lbs.
Rain in GOOD especially w/ an aquaskinz

Ice

Karl F
08-09-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Yeah...it flies, especially on the highway. Its a 1985 CJ-7, automatic tranny, stock 2 barrel and intake. Needs a new carburator though.:kewl:

The rebuild kit for the 2 barrel is fairly easy to do, and you could save the dough.... but if ya got some cash, and like making that CJ leap a little, go with the Edelbrock Torker intake, and their 550 cfm 4 barrel. You will love the increase in torque and hp. And, if, and this is a BIG "if", you can keep your foot out of the back barrels, your mpg will go up. Did this on my old CJ5, actually, rebuilt the 2 barrel first then upgraded the following year. However, between the 4 barrel, and the headers with the flowmasters, I did not have the disipline to always get the improved mpg :D Loved the sound and sensations!
Fun days with a fun machine :happy:
I know I don't have to tell you, but enjoy your days with the jeep!

BigFish
08-09-2003, 08:33 AM
I like the 2 barrel carb. there is absolutely no complaint with power or torque, the problem with the carb is the accelerator pump? It takes quite awhile on a damp or cold day to warm the jeep up enough to drive it, sometimes up to 15 minutes. Once it is warmed up the only problem then is when I punch the gas pedal around town, it will sputter and die. To start it I have to usually pump the gas pedal several times to start it unless it is all warmed up and then it kicks right over. I could probably rebuild it, but I am in no hurry.:ss:

Karl F
08-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Very easy to replace the acc. pump, and ya don't have to rebuild the whole carb to do it. Whole procedure, including "break" should take less than an hour.

I am sure you have plenty of power and torque with the stock set-up, but if you ever drove it with the other set-up, well :nopain: zoom, zoom, zoom :D