View Full Version : Weekend Plans

JohnR
12-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Almost 4 weeks ago a great friend from HS was killed in a motorcycle accident while waiting in traffic. Today he is put to rest. I went down 2 weeks ago to Virginia and met up with many of our old friends and with his family and new friends, celebrated our friend Doug.

Today is Doug's birthday, he would be 49, instead he goes to ground. He leaves two kids 10,14.

As Clammer wisely states time and time again. Enjoy what you have.

This weekend, a little work, a little contemplation.

On a lighter note, what's up for the weekend?

BEETLE
12-09-2016, 08:17 AM
So sorry about your friend John. May he rest in peace.
Tonight wife's work - Xmas party / dinner. Small mom & pop insurance agency. Always a good time, Boss is a great guy. Today/ Tomorrow, finish work on a door install for Bobbike. Then get ready for possible snowstorm on Monday. Plow is ready to go !

MakoMike
12-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Tonight going out to dinner down in the valley. Same thing tomorrow night, dinner party at a friends house, Sunday, football!

bart
12-09-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm sorry, John. Thoughts are with you and his loved ones, especially his children. Definitely not easy.

Peace.

Nebe
12-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear that news John.

My weekend. Same as always... working and a day with my kiddo.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy
12-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Sorry John, that's a tough one, too young

Rake leaves Saturday , rake hog and oysters Sunday

hardcore from shore
12-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Doug.

Swedish Festival In Boston with wife tomorrow AM. IKEA on way back for Smorgabord Items (herring / meatballs). Harvest Oysters on Sunday.

Reminder to all Cape and SE MA S-B.Com'ers. ASMFC meeting on Menhaden at 5:30 PM Monday 12/12 at Bourne Community Center on Main St in Buzzards Bay. Lets keep them as forage and not for the reduction industry. Heard that all the bunker this year helped fishing. We need that to happen again and again as our bass and blues need forage. I want all my 40 inch fish from this year to have enough food to be 46 and the 45'ers to be 50. Big girls need to eat.
Bill

Hookedagain
12-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Bon fire at my sons school tonight (almost as big as Bob-5/0- used to have)
Hunting with the boy all day tomorrow and a friends xmas party tomorrow night. Back to work on Sunday after 20 days off.

Linesider82
12-10-2016, 12:09 AM
John, my thoughts are with you and your buddy's family.

Tomorrow, my son will be 729 days old, and he made his own cake with his grandmother, eggs shells included HAHAHA.

I get goosebumps thinking about him every day. I love it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma
12-10-2016, 08:09 AM
Sorry about your friend John.

I'm not saying what we are doing as it will just piss everyone off in NE

Clammer
12-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Paulie >I thought you told me that you two had given up on that ><><><<>:musc:

rphud
12-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Putting lights on the tree. Design debates have started....time for a Porter.....then likely an Imperial Stout...depending.....

Make egg nog and bottle the two Imperial Stouts that finished up fermenting yesterday.

Invasion of the Librarians and spouses tomorrow afternoon. Did I mention Imperial Stout?...or bourbon? ...not for said librarians, not that it wouldn't be highly entertaining.