View Full Version : THIS WIND S@#$!!!!!!!!!

macojoe
08-10-2003, 10:51 AM
I am so sick and tired of this weather, the wind mostly!!!!!!!:af: :af: :af: I have not been out in over a week!! I want to go tomorrow but you no the wind!! Crapy spring great July, and now a Crapy Aug to end with!! :af:

Buzz-erd
08-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Down here in Newport a lot of the guys who fish "out front" have been liking this wind,its been churning up some nice whitewater and they been gettin' some nice bass.
I'm much more into LITE tackle fishing so I stick to the
"backwaters".Lot less wind and more suitable to the type of fishing I do.I get a lot of schoolies and the occasional rare keeper
to which I'm more than happy with.
I guess I'm not always grumpy and I get SOME satisfaction!

Clammer
08-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Yep=======Friday & yesterday morning were ok=======shes blowin now /////////

missing link
08-10-2003, 11:11 AM
went to the local ramp today looked crazy boats floting all over the place.. allmost 1 foot chop At the ramp. no boats a dry boat in this wind&%$&^#&%$##^%$

-matt:af:

capesams
08-10-2003, 05:55 PM
wanta bet...:D 4-5 fter's ta day, no worry mate,, nice an dry.

missing link
08-10-2003, 05:59 PM
was @ the ramp and some guy cam up wet from head to toe and it was not raining.. i asked if he fell in and he said no, i said than what the hell happend? he said waves i looked @ his boat it was a 18ft bowrider :laughs: Him and his wife wernt happy:laughs: glad i gots a w/a:laughs:

redcrbbr
08-10-2003, 06:46 PM
spent the day inside chasing scup and fluke with the wife and kids. mouth of the harbor nasty! sw with outgoing. :af:

going out again in the morning....maybe:confused:

capesams
08-10-2003, 06:56 PM
the only problem taday was at the ramp, just got back an don't u know some poor guy blew his trainnie on his suv, tryin to pull his boat out. fire trucks, police, harba master, all that red juice down the ramp an in the water. rags, cat litter, brooms an buckets. hmaster walked down to me an said , hope your not in a hurry.:rolleyes:

macojoe
08-10-2003, 07:19 PM
That sucks!! I blew a clutch on the ramp about 6 years ago! Does not make a good day. And the reason I came in early was that I blew the engin coupler!! So I always refer to that day as $1000 Monday.

Jon G
08-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Hey Capesams I bet the guy had his e-brake stompped to the floor and pulled against it until she let go. last week at sesuit a guy did this and I thought his truck was gonna explode trying to get up the ramp I told him I think your brake was on he told me I didn't know what I was talking about after five minutes of flogging his truck (he never moved more than three feet)he reached down and pop goes the brake an lo and behold the truck pulled it right up :laughs: I guess thats how they do it in New Jersey what do I know :D

mcj
08-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Should have fished C.C. Bay. Lotsa good sized fish but a bit choppy. Charter boats from Rock Hbr., down to 19 ft. center consoles. Just about everyone on good sized bass.

MountainBreeze
08-11-2003, 06:29 AM
I hear ya' macojoe! I've only been out once in 3 weeks!!! I'm goin' nuts! :smash:

Went down to the water yesterday, to take a look around, and saw nothin' but weeds and other "stuff" near shore. Didn't look good.

Hope to get out a few nights this week but the forecast doesn't sound promising. :( They have the following listed for Mon - Wed:
"Warm and humid with a shower or thunderstorm possible at any time of day." WTF is that??? Possible??? Is it or isn't it going to T-Storm???

I don't mind some rain but, paddling around in a 16' yak, with 2 8' graphite sticks, ... Well, that's just asking for a bit too much excitement for my blood! :af:

macojoe
08-11-2003, 12:43 PM
well the wind is going to start calming down :happy: So I plan to hit the water wed and thur. I wish I could go tomorrow but the wife is going to have some surgery soon and has to go to the doc 9 am So I will have to wait till Wed.