View Full Version : New Boat ......

fish raptor
12-23-2016, 07:25 PM
I have a nice Mako for headin' offshore at the Cape Cod but she is a bull in a china shop when it comes to local lakes and rivers for Bass fishing so, considering it was Christmas i decided to buy myself a little somethin..... I did some serious investigation on high end Bass boats. Pretty much ended up looking at lots of Rangers and Bass Cats then I found out that Basscat took 1st place honors 5 years in a row so I canvased the internet looking for a good deal on something I thought looked really sharp and am happy to say..... It is going to be a very Merry Christmas........

She's got great electronics, Hummingbird 12" w/chirp, GPS & side imaging at console and it's 9" brother at the bow, 10' power poles, according to everyone I talked to Basscat has the best live wells on the planet, all compartments have LED lighting, 4 bank battery charger, 36volt #112 Minn Kota w/hydraulic assist electric trolling motor, full cover, security system, Mercury smartcraft monitor gauge, Hamby keel protector, transducer savers on all, hand rail lighting, dual back up LED lights on dual axle trailer, pivot tongue, retractable tie-downs, spare tire, Grap post w/step (to get in boat at the bow) , pro trim on steering wheel, lifetime warranty on hull, and the Mercury platinum warrenty till mid 2021. With the right conditions she'll almost touch 80.

tysdad115
12-23-2016, 07:31 PM
Beautiful boat !! Congratulations. Bentley will love it!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer
12-23-2016, 07:57 PM
best of luck with it />> :buds:ENJOY

Nebe
12-23-2016, 08:05 PM
That can handle a trip to the mud hole no problem !

nightfighter
12-23-2016, 08:41 PM
That is a Merry Christmas, Bernie!

wdmso
12-24-2016, 05:11 AM
Now the hard part deciding to go salt or freshwater .....

Guppy
12-24-2016, 07:17 AM
Woo hoo
That's a beauty , good luck with her Bernie

fish raptor
12-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Now the hard part deciding to go salt or freshwater .....

She'll remain a virgin when it comes to salt water for 2 reasons....

I would cry seeing all that nice stuff get salt on her for the $$ I had to shell out and two....

I think she'd make it about 1/3 of the way crossing woods hole from Falmouth to the Islands before she succcumbed to that part of the Vinyard Sound and sank to the bottom.

That's what the Mako is for....

Althought on dead calm water the idea that I could make it from the Bourne Bridge to the Vinyard is 20 minutes or so would be refreshing....

If anyone sees a 20' Basscat running a 250 Merc XS at the Cape..... it ain't me....

wdmso
12-25-2016, 07:52 AM
She'll remain a virgin when it comes to salt water for 2 reasons....

I would cry seeing all that nice stuff get salt on her for the $$ I had to shell out and two....

I think she'd make it about 1/3 of the way crossing woods hole from Falmouth to the Islands before she succcumbed to that part of the Vinyard Sound and sank to the bottom.

That's what the Mako is for....

Althought on dead calm water the idea that I could make it from the Bourne Bridge to the Vinyard is 20 minutes or so would be refreshing....

If anyone sees a 20' Basscat running a 250 Merc XS at the Cape..... it ain't me....

I would not take her in the Saltwater either .. I was suggestion a hard choice between the 2 boats... Do I fish saltwater for 30 lb fish or freshwater 3 lb large mouth.. I suffer the same choices do if fish the beach or fish in the Boat ..

JohnR
12-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Nice Rig!

Raven
12-25-2016, 10:12 AM
GOOD LUCK with her Raptor

MakoMike
12-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Best of luck with her!

chefchris401
12-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Sweet rig

That's a bad ass set up

bart
12-27-2016, 12:27 PM
definitely a sweet rig. enjoy!

Got Stripers
01-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Brings me back to my federation tournament fishing days and my buddies boat didn't even have those horses, but man scary riding at close to 70 mph with only a few feet of the boat actually touching the water. That baby must fly and speaking of flies, I'd highly recommend a full face mask, nothing stings like getting a greenhead or dragonfly at 70 mph.