View Full Version : Tattoo question

nightfighter
12-23-2016, 09:49 PM
Do you guys sweat through your ink? The reason I am asking is that an old Navy friend, who has continued to add tattoos over the years, to the point that he is basically covered all over, except his face and most of his neck. He has been in declining health over the past year and the doctors are now saying that enough of his sweat glands have been damaged over enough area of skin that he cannot regulate his own body temperature.... I have never heard this. So the skin, which they consider as an organ is failing, as well as his liver being affected. I don't see the connection, nor have I ever considered if a tat affects ability to sweat.....

Swimmer
12-24-2016, 09:15 AM
Well if he has blocked enough if his pores, seems plausible. Injecting all that ink beneath the skin, basically a foreign substance, has to travel throughout the body, has to. And I am sure tattoo artist autoclave their instruments (sarcasm). My wife has come home from her work in the hospital more than once over the years, and said a patient's tattoos restricted where the IV line was placed. Hopefully the doctors will be able to help, and I hope your friend gets better
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
12-25-2016, 05:50 PM
It's been said that if you get a tattoo, it automatically presumed that you might have hepatitis.

I can see where a tattoo addict can be doing some serious damage to their skin by disrupting how the skin works and how it doesn't when it's been compromised by the ink.

I'm not talking the random tat's but the ones that want to become a "moving picture show"!