View Full Version : EPA now considers dry ice a pesticide!

FishermanTim
12-29-2016, 11:40 AM
The city of Boston must stop using dry ice to control the rat populations because they haven't listed it's use as a pesticide with the EPA.

What's next?

Will we have to register our drinking water as a lubricant?
How about our moldy bread as a pharmaceutical antibiotic?

Seems like "bureaucracy gone wild" again, with some power-hungry turd wanting to "up his game" in the agency!

beamie
12-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Next thing you know we'll be using pesticides to put out fires........

Nebe
12-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Trump is going to neuter the EPA in a Bigly way. Just wait.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Cool Beans
12-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Trump is going to neuter the EPA in a Bigly way. Just wait.

Neuter or simply change what the letters mean... perhaps...

Economic Promotion Agency or Extreme Profits Agency

Nebe
12-29-2016, 07:47 PM
Everyone
Profits
Accordingly

wdmso
01-08-2017, 06:35 PM
The EPA says that with any product used as a pesticide or rodenticide, it must be vetted for public safety

federal guidelines prohibit the use of dry ice for rat abatement because the deadly treatment is not registered with the federal agency as required. The law is in place to ensure products are safe, and directions for use minimize risks to users, the public and the environment.

get it registered problem solved ...

FishermanTim
01-10-2017, 12:54 PM
The EPA says that with any product used as a pesticide or rodenticide, it must be vetted for public safety

federal guidelines prohibit the use of dry ice for rat abatement because the deadly treatment is not registered with the federal agency as required. The law is in place to ensure products are safe, and directions for use minimize risks to users, the public and the environment.

get it registered problem solved ...

That wouldn't be much of an issue if it were a simple case of filing an application or sending a notice of intent.
Sounds more like the EPA will be handling this like the city wanted to use plutonium to nuke the rodents....basically more paperwork and fees...charging more money to solve a problem that didn't need solving. Creating an issue from a non-issue.