View Full Version : Great Guru,hath shown me the way.....

Jenn
03-11-2001, 03:47 PM
Just got back from my trip with Got Stripers and had a blast..(even though he was catching all the fish HA!HA!) I caught a couple and that was enough to make me happy! :)

It felt really good to get out there and my "host" was a fine one!!! Feeling quite out of my element, he showed me the way! It was good to expirience new ways of striper fishing (and this time of year) but a little wierd to get used to when you have been in a "fishing style" groove (rut??) for too long! I have been wanting to expand my "ways" and I think it was a good start for me! :)

Once again GS I had a great time (until I couldn't feel anything anymore :( ) but I was smiling again on the way home (after I thawed out a little ) and wanted to thank you again! Sorry I had to wimp out on you and also hope I wasnt TOO much of a pain in the you know what........ YOU CAN LAUGH NOW!!!!! If you are interested in Race Point this summer you let me know! Maybe I will come up with some good jokes by then too!

Got Stripers
03-11-2001, 09:01 PM
Huuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm, legs folded like a pretzel, huuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmm, candles flicker softly beside me, lol. Jenn it was a pleasure meeting you and fishing with you. Sorry, I didn't warn you to dress like you would be sitting in a deer stand all morning, I assumed you'd be prepared. You know what happens when you assume something....

Don't feel bad about catching 2 fish, I didn't exactly load the boat my first 3-4 times down; ask slipknot. It's a weird type of fishing, but once you get the hang of it; it's a great way to deal with the dreaded cabin fever. I actually didn't pick up on the best tactic, until a few weeks ago when talking to a tackle shop owner in Abington MA. He slipped out that friends of his used to do it and their method of madness was to vertical jig just the active fish at the top of the school. That's why I tried to get you to fish at the 16 foot level and not 40 foot.

Better than watching the snow melt thou. Hopefully we can get together at one of these fling-tournaments John was hinting at. I think today was my last trip down for this winter, time to make the switch to fresh water; at least until John tells me the large are lurking just to my south.

[img="http://www.rgsiroisco.com/fisherman.gif"]
Enjoyed your company, tight lines.

JohnR
03-12-2001, 10:03 AM
Jenn & GS, sounds like you had more fun than the rest of us while we drooled around our houses in the mix of spring anticipation, cabin fever, and something Smokey describes as "The Itch"...

Jenn, maybe you'll be thawed out by the Spring thingamajiggi fishing get-to-gether... Have you done much schoolie fishing? You will die a happy lady if you do the "Girls Night Out" with Fisherwoman and Squidmama ;P

Fisherwoman
03-12-2001, 01:55 PM
Jenn & GS, glad to hear you guys had a great time, I am salivating to get out, I wish I could have come with you but getting ready for the show has had me trapped. I can't wait for spring. I am working on the dates for Girls day and maybe a little mystery trip for all too. I will let you know the dates as soon as I get into some scouting down there. Looking at possibley the 1st weekend in May, that would be the best tides for that time, if the fish cooperate, but I will let ya know!!!

JohnR
03-12-2001, 03:34 PM
Looking forward to that... We'll need to spread a rumor about some flu or another so we all bag in around the same time ;D

ONE MONTH 'til the fish are on the south side of the Cape - FW, the wing doing any better??

Jenn
03-12-2001, 04:42 PM
You Bet I will be thawed! I thought by going yesterday it might help take the edge off....and in some ways it did but now I also feel like it is TIME!!! HA!HA!

GS......how did the rest of your day go by the way??? Did you see her big sister?? ;)

Fisherwoman
03-12-2001, 05:30 PM
Hey JohnR, well the wing sucks but the left one is doing just fine, as long as I have one I am doing OK. Still tying flies, getting ready for the show. I was looking at my fishing log yesterday, and I got my 1st fish on the cape april 15th, on April 27th I caught 147 fish so I am looking at doing girls day around that time, I will be out scouting after the show so time will tell, all depends on how fast things warm up, adn I hope that is soon, cause I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! How is the little fellow doing?

JohnR
03-12-2001, 05:50 PM
[img=http://www.striped-bass.com/Images/mar12$02a.jpg]

Got Stripers
03-12-2001, 05:57 PM
Jenn you didn't miss much after you left Jenn. The fish spread out and we impossible to locate after that, so I packed it up around 2. Probably the last trip down until fall, but those two 30 inchers man it a great day to finish up with.

Maybe next year we can get another boat working the harbor and we can have some fun. Enjoyed the day and your company, tight lines.

Jenn
03-12-2001, 11:51 PM
Another boat????!! Oh I get it....you are going to sell me your boat and get a new one????heehee
I have to admit that was pretty sweet...not to mention it is also my favorite color :) oh well .....a girl can dream cant she???!!!!! (sigh...)

Fisherwoman
03-13-2001, 10:50 AM
JohnR, he is too cute, what a great smile!!!!

Jenn, you mean that boat trip with GS didn't get your heart pumpin for the year to come, tehe!!!

JohnR
03-13-2001, 11:14 AM
GS, no problem working a 24 foot walkaround in those areas is there? I "might" get one next year and if so, definitely a walkaround. That way I'll have transportation and somewhere to sleep when fishing Block Island from the shore, hehehe...

chris L
03-13-2001, 01:20 PM
John were you showing your son his fishing rod . Or are you showing him photos of your secret spots and thats why his smile is so big . The young ladies better watch out , hes going to be one of the studs in school . Lucky little guy !

JohnR
03-13-2001, 01:38 PM
That "flower" is actualy a "Barney" cast net simulation device. The rings simulate the line which one holds during the cast. I'm teaching him the basics of fishing and the environment that we live in. His first milestone was to be able to soil a diaper much in the same manner a duck makes a pier slick. That was achieved without any assistance from my wife or me. His next step was a fluid casting motion with his right arm. As a result of this casting motion, my wife's glasses get knocked off on occasion.
His next lesson will be to crawl into a fishing spot commando style as not to be seen. He is now starting to show signs of the "crawl" but I'm having difficulty finding baby jumpers in cammo battle dress uniform...

Of' course, Uncle #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& has already said that he'll show Liam all of his secrets instead of the few he has given me :P

Canalratt1
03-13-2001, 03:22 PM
John camo jumpsuits for newbys can be ordered from Bass Pro Shops!

Got Stripers
03-13-2001, 04:00 PM
John, there are guys out in 14 foot aluminum's, it's a very protected spot. I'd have been comfortable fishing in my old Coleman Scanoe, although I'd strongly recommend life jackets...lol.

Any small boat would work well in there. A trolling motor is a plus...but not a necessity. Schoolie Monster, don't you have a tracker? Maybe next winter we can get some people together at the Thames before scenes like this get you down.

[img="http://www.rgsiroisco.com/coverit.jpg"]

Tight lines.

ps Jenn: I've got your picture with the striper, want it up or do you want me to email it to you first? Pop me an email, so I can just hit reply and attach the pic, thanks.

Jenn
03-13-2001, 11:28 PM
GS you have mail!!

Fisherwoman.....mid April or so??? UHHHG! no sooner?? LOL Just kidding.....on one hand I AM really pumped up for the coming season...really really really..............but on the other I am TRYING to stay calm and not get to worked because it seems to progress...the more I thinkm about it the worse it gets and the worse it gets the more psychotic I become!!!!! I really believe boredom and depression are staring to set in.........the walls are caving in......the air is thin and I cant breathe..........the days are too dreary and the nights are sleepless........hysteria....sinking...in......... crazy thoughts filling my brain..............all sanity is lost..............I need to scream but the fishies will not hear me...............I am a Picses , do you think I can swim to them????? The voices .........make it stop! :O

Fisherwoman
03-14-2001, 01:13 AM
You know Jenn you are sounding like me, pretty scary, just pray for warm weather, the sooner it warms up the sooner the fish will move in, BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Jenn
03-15-2001, 12:44 AM
GS.....havent heard from you yet....I'm not anxoius or anything.. :)

Got Stripers
03-15-2001, 07:31 AM
Never got your email, it must have fallen into some cyber space crack. Send me another note to rgsiroisco@neaccess.net and I will send you the pic or I can post it here or on my board so you can grab it.

I'm hoping to clean up some business and float the boat this afternoon, because mid 50's and some largemouth bass are on the menu hopefully.

Did you get the pic Jenn? I emailed it to you and can post it on the board if you want...let me know.

Tight lines.

Jenn
03-15-2001, 04:15 PM
Hey...tried sending you another email but in case you dont get it...you can just post it if you want.....just as long as there arent any boogies hanging out my nose.... :D

Did you get out today?? I hope so! It was beatiful weather!!!

JohnR
03-15-2001, 04:21 PM
Jenn (03-15-2001 16:15):
Hey...tried sending you another email but in case you dont get it...you can just post it if you want.....just as long as there arent any boogies hanging out my nose.... :D

That could be a sure sign of cabin fever....

Jenn
03-15-2001, 04:47 PM
I am laughing SO HARD at myself DUH! I just realized for someone not reading my mind they have NO CLUE what I am talking about...........

GS...I sent another email to him (he didnt get the first......and I was TRYING to say he could just put the pic up here AS LONG AS I didnt have any "embarassing things" hanging out! whew!

Yes John....you got it....DEFINATE cabin fever......I going to return to laughing at myself........I am so embarrassed now.....

schoolie monster
03-15-2001, 05:32 PM
Yes, GS, I have a 16' tracker which will be perfect for the Thames... Not that I would know (wink, wink). I've got it ripped apart this year, but next year, I plan on regular trips down to CT. I'm not going through another offseason like this one.

I've fished three before without much problem, so 3 people vertical jigging would be easy. If we could talk FW and BC into draggin' their Lund down, we could have a nice little get together.

But I'm not gonna worry about that right now...'cause it is just about time to ROCK 'n' ROLL!!! We can now talk in weeks instead of months... as FW often says, BRING IT ON!!!

Slipknot
03-15-2001, 07:07 PM
;D

And if I build or buy a trailorable boat by then there will be even more to join the party. Just think we won't even have to store away the gear next winter.

chris L
03-15-2001, 08:47 PM
I need a new trailer for my 16' fisher , not any time soon unfortunately >

JohnR
03-15-2001, 09:39 PM
I wonder if this was how the Spanish started their Armada :P ...