View Full Version : G*&%8 Forsaken MUNG

redlite
08-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Here is the latest mung report from the backside..........
The beaches in Truro (hollows) to P-town are so munged up that it looks like an oil spill. Yesterday when I blew through them on my way down, the people walking in the parking lots looked like extras from Swamp Thing with all the mung stuck to them. Real hard to find clean water. Even the race was munged up this morning. Damn little blues and I saw 2 stripers all night, both about 30 INCHES. Still real tough down there. The wind was absolutely cranking this morning. Been up since 8 yesterday morning. Eyes are burning. What a waste of a night.
Good thing is now that the Commercial season is closed, the fish know it and will come into the beaches...At least they better......Anyone know mother natures fax number so I can file a written complaint about the mung?:af:

Big Vern
08-11-2003, 10:41 AM
You seem to be having a tough go of it lately.

missing link
08-11-2003, 11:32 AM
I might sound like and idiot but what is the definition of ''mung ''?:confused:

fishsmith
08-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Missing Link,
Its like a vegatation form of dung, it clings to anything that touches it.

missing link
08-11-2003, 01:16 PM
ahh. thanks fishsmith:D

HighTide
08-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Went to Newport Saturday, stopped by First and Second beaches, both were nasty. Breeze was blowing in and everything was kicked up, even the waves were gray.:yak:

Biteme
08-11-2003, 04:16 PM
I was out Friday night. No mung, no fish:smash:

Blitzseeker
08-11-2003, 04:25 PM
End could be in sight for the Cape.....wind is supposed to be 5-10 mph out of the S-SW for the next several days. That should clear things up.

jugstah
08-11-2003, 04:59 PM
it cant come soon enough.. all this lousy weather has really put a cramp on my summer fishing trips... hopefully it'll be getting better in time for the fall fun...

the stripers are calling my name...

Slingah
08-11-2003, 06:12 PM
come on sw...come on sw...come on sw...come on sw...come on sw...come on sw...come on sw...come on sw...........bye bye mung...bye mung...bye bye mung...bye mung...bye bye mung.....here fish...here fishy fishy fishy...here fish...here fishy fishy fishy......:D

BigFish
08-11-2003, 06:45 PM
:happy: I was down Race point this morning, 10:00 am., between the lighthouse and Hatches Harbor and all the way up to the RV area. There was a little weed in the water, but not too bad. Bluefish were working up and down the beach pretty hard all morning for the 6 hours I was there, mostly out of casting distance. I did manage to grab a few. Hooked one up for my 9 year old son, he had a ball reeling it in. He hates the casting but he loves the catching. My 10 year old was waist deep in the water next to all the big boys casting his 1 oz. pencil popper out there as good as anyone, boy was he determined. Unfortunately he did not hook up, but boy I was proud of him, he got a good taste of exactly what it takes sometimes to hook up. My little boy is not so little anymore. Weather was real fickle though, rain, sun, rain, sun. Had a great day though with the boys and my great girlfriend.

redlite
08-12-2003, 08:16 AM
The wind has been Southwest for almost the whole summer and it hasn't seemed to blow it out. I think what we need is a real hard east blow with big surf to push it high onto the beaches and bury it all. But I am still going to hope it goes soon.

RickBomba
08-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Me and Mikey were out @ Race PT late Sun 8/10 and early Mon 8/11. One blue and one striper a piece from 4-8 am.
No mung, mucho de los perros.
Ay, Dios Mio!!!
Later,
Bassless Hole with no hits in three hours.
Ok beddybye for me now.
Rick

bassmaster
08-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Welcome to My nightmare..............................