View Full Version : Access to Narrow river

RIJIMMY
08-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on how I can get to the mouth of the narrow river in narragansett? The beach lots are locked at 9pm. I can't find anywhere to park. Other than a canoe or kayak from the bridge on 1a I can't get there.
any help is aprreciated...:happy:

blackeye
08-12-2003, 04:15 PM
walk down from narragansett beach-only way.

rwilhelm
08-13-2003, 11:28 AM
The north parking lot closes at midnight or you can park at the bridge and walk up the river if you are wearing waders. I think it is easier to walk from the beach though, up the river there is some tall grass to contend with.

RIJIMMY
08-13-2003, 12:00 PM
I actually tried walking up from the bridge last weekend in waders...I sank in about 4 feet of mud and actually thought for a minute that I was in quicksand and a goner. I made it through that and came upon a channel that looked VERY deep that I could not cross. Turned around and hit Pt. Jude instead
I agree the beach is the best way. Thanks!!!

denis
08-13-2003, 07:40 PM
That channel can be crossed but risky,best way is to walk down the road and get on the other side of the channel there is a path.

DRUMCORPFAN
08-14-2003, 11:19 AM
i park at the towers and walk the beach, timed it at 18 minutes to get to nri, looks worse then it is plus it keeps my weight in check doing the walk. ;)