View Full Version : Polishing anodized aluminum

MakoMike
05-13-2017, 09:15 AM
I'm having a problem getting my anodized aluminum to shine like it should. Some areas have a black patina on them that I can't get completely off. So far I have tried, 3M one step wax, Noxon, and 3M super duty rubbing compound applied with a white scotchbrite pad. So far, I can't get it all completely out. I have some prism polish on order so that's what I'll try next. Any other suggestions if the Prism doesn't work?

Sea Dangles
05-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Bronze wool with flitz
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bassballer
05-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Bronze wool with flitz

Yup I just did all my SS and alum with flitz and it works awesome

SolOmoN
05-17-2017, 09:36 AM
Bronze wool and Woodys Wax works well too

Nebe
05-17-2017, 10:48 AM
One day a guy came into my shop selling some polishing compound called "Colonel Brassy". He did a little demo for me on some of my tools and I was sold for life. There must be a little muriatic acid in it because you don't have to scrub anything much. I use it on everything.

MakoMike
05-18-2017, 08:43 PM
One day a guy came into my shop selling some polishing compound called "Colonel Brassy". He did a little demo for me on some of my tools and I was sold for life. There must be a little muriatic acid in it because you don't have to scrub anything much. I use it on everything.

Someone else recommended That stuff. I'll try it if none of the other stuff I ordered works.