View Full Version : Ocean State Tackle

piemma
05-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Maybe it's me and my "old school" attitude but this tackle shop is posting info FB on where the Bass are in Narr Bay at an astonishing rate. I counted 6 post this AM alone. He's naming specific spots like Bear Point, Tiverton Basin, Seekonk River.
When they are all gone he will be the first to bitch.

Thumper
05-13-2017, 12:20 PM
Maybe it's me and my "old school" attitude but this tackle shop is posting info FB on where the Bass are in Narr Bay at an astonishing rate. I counted 6 post this AM alone. He's naming specific spots like Bear Point, Tiverton Basin, Seekonk River.

It is pretty sad and honestly depressing. The shorelines of RI and CT are slowly turning into the banks of the canal because people just can not catch fish and shut up. I figure by the time I am 35, maybe even sooner at this rate, it will be time to focus on pelagic fish, like so many top unknown surfcasters have done.

chefchris401
05-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Almost as bad as the guys getting fish at the ccc and going to every shop to weigh em in
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso
05-13-2017, 12:59 PM
The way I see it the bay is a big place , they are on craigslist he runs a business and if his Info True or not motivates people to buy from him ..

I have been out a lot and i haven't experienced Bass are in Narr Bay at an astonishing rate..

But i understand the concern .. However I will give information freely to those who PM me Because Gas is expensive time is a premium

I no longer name places because of the spot burn debate :cheers2:

wdmso
05-13-2017, 01:08 PM
The canal is all about ease of access its public in the information age where there are no secrets and Gas is expensive time is a premium and lets be honest skill is not a requirement to catch in the CCC . you just need a line in the water when they come by like shooting fish in a barrel ..

only fishing at night provides relief from the hordes of people looking for an easy catch.. and its my favorite way to fish on or off the Boat

Thumper
05-13-2017, 01:41 PM
Almost as bad as the guys getting fish at the ccc and going to every shop to weigh em in

Yeah and they only weigh 18lbs :rotf2:

Nebe
05-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Dave is a hustler and he works his ass off. Do I agree with his reports? No. Do I think he is wrong in doing so? No.

piemma
05-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Do I agree with his reports? No. Do I think he is wrong in doing so? No.

Contradictory at best.

Nebe
05-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Contradictory at best.

Let me change the scenario. I don't keep bass anymore. When I see someone keep their daily limit every time, I feel the same way... Do I agree with it? No. Do I think he is wrong? No.

You can not agree with someone's actions, but that doesn't mean that what they are doing is wrong/immoral or illegal.

bobber
05-13-2017, 05:46 PM
illegal is one thing.....

"wrong" is something entirely different, and is entirely subjective

Cohenfishin
05-13-2017, 07:24 PM
People will believe anything you tell them😂

piemma
05-15-2017, 08:38 AM
Well I really got into it with the owner of OST yesterday.
He doesn't appreciate being a spot burner and called me out accusing me of "killing more Breeders than anyone and now I'm a conservationist".
So, I am off FB for good so I don't get aggravated. My wife says I'm just "starting Flame wars like you and Billy use to years ago."

That is not the case in this instance. I have a real problem when a tackle store owner start posting on FB SPECIFIC spots when fish are.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have my own set of what I think is right and wrong and what this guy is doing is just plain wrong. We never did it in the past and, now because of social media, it's right? No!!!!

Sea Flat
05-15-2017, 09:08 AM
I fished more for black sea bass and fluke last year. Not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it was more likely that I'd catch. In the not so distant past even a bad day fishing along the Elizabeth Islands still yielded some stripers. This has not been the case for a couple years now. Not sure that it's all about fishing reports, but there is definitely more pressure and the regs. were so far off for a few years.

Rockfish9
05-15-2017, 11:54 AM

For the record..never have been on FB...never will be...I hear ya about the reports.. we get them too..it's the way the world turns now... for the first few weeks it a XXXX show ... I've learned just to go elsewhere.. even if it means a little more travel...or adjusting my schedule to miss the easy tides... but IMHO..it's not much different( MAYBE ...just a little more accurate) than a weekly scribe writing a report.. .... deep breaths... you've been doing this a long time... when the fishing becomes a little harder.. you'll be all alone ( and doing well) everyone's a hero when the fishing is easy.