View Full Version : Take time this weekend to remember.

Got Stripers
05-25-2017, 05:54 PM
My late father was awarded the distinguished flying cross for his actions to save fellow aviators in his squadron during the Korean War, I will have a cold beer and toast to him and all service men and women who sacrifice so we can enjoy the freedom we all enjoy. True balls adventure to fly these things off rolling seas in war time.

(Citation Needed) - SYNOPSIS: John A. Sirois, Jr. (MCSN: 0-49320), United States Marine Corps, was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for heroism and extraordinary achievement while participating in aerial flight, in action against enemy forces in Korea.

General Orders: Heroes U.S. Marine Corps 1861 - 1955 (Jane Blakeney)

Action Date: Korean War

Service: Marine Corps

http://www.koreanwar2.org/kwp2/usmckorea/PDF_Monographs/KoreanWar.Corsairs-Panthers.pdf

Guppy
05-25-2017, 07:03 PM
Good one Bob

fishgolf
05-25-2017, 07:13 PM
Awesome. Was just reading about the Battle of the Bulge again. My uncle was in the 10th Armored Div, part of Patton's 3rd Army, at the southern part of the bulge.
Our guys were pretty impressive. Great Patton quote "Better to fight for something than to live for nothing..."
Have a great weekend everyone.

Nebe
05-25-2017, 08:58 PM
My grandfather was a captian in the marines. He fought in Guadalcanal, Tarawa and Saipan. The stories he told me would blow your mind.
Thanks to all who gave all.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot
05-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Thanks to all who served

that is impressive Bob :btu:

DZ
05-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Great idea for a thread.

My father in law Stan Kras is staying with us this weekend. 97 years young and part of the greatest generation.
Battle of Guadalcanal
Private First Class Stanley J. Kras, United States Army, was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for extraordinary heroism in connection with military operations against an armed enemy while serving with the 132d Infantry Regiment, Americal Division, in action against enemy forces on 2 January 1943. Private First Class Kras' intrepid actions, personal bravery and zealous devotion to duty exemplify the highest traditions of the military forces of the United States and reflect great credit upon himself, the Americal Division, and the United States Army.

piemma
05-26-2017, 09:37 AM
Fly a flag in remembrance of those who gave all.

Sea Dangles
05-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Respect and thanks

chris L
05-27-2017, 10:42 AM
I salute your Dad Bob and you father in law Dennis . God Bless Them ! I have my flag out and just came back from parade .

hardcore from shore
05-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Visited my dad (USMC) at Bourne National Cemetary Wednesday. On entrance road to Arlington National Cemetary to visit my father in law (USN) and mother in law. They truly werethe greatest grneration.