View Full Version : Ice Is Broken!!!

JohnR
03-13-2001, 08:42 PM
Went and hit my little holdover spot on the way home from work and fished for about half an hour until the skys opened up but I did manage one lone school bass (not schooling) of about 22 suprisingly fat inches on a jig head and 4 inch shad ;D before the pour started. Was figuring for the typical micro bass that spot holds and was a little suprised at the first pull with that little fish but he tired quickly and I sent him on his little way....

First stage in the cure for cabin fever!!!

Next step, 30 bass :P

... We need a twelve step "cabin fever" program, any suggestions for the road to recovery??

Jenn
03-13-2001, 10:57 PM
#1. Stop drooling on yourself....
#2.Prepare and fiddle with all your gear in preparation of the coming season...
#3.absorb yourself in shows and magazine articles until you can't take it anymore...and you want to puke
#4.Try not to drive your spouse/family/friends mad with your wall climing ways......(it will only add tension)
#5. If need be go to shows and buy new gear and all kinds of tackle.....(one can NEVER have too many goodies)
#6.Go home and rearange new tackle in tackle box....remove and rearrange once more....making sure to get everything "just so"
#7. Visit the message boards and talk about your issues with others...
#8. start dreaming of when and where your fish striper of the season will be......
#9.stop drooling on yourself and your computer.....
#10.Make a check list of all the places, times, techniques, etc. you want to try (when the time comes make sure to check off all those "wanted to dos" and make sure you get to them all! :) )
#11.as much as you hate it...it is do or die now.....get as many "honey-do's" out of the way NOW as you can...(hey would you rather DO them or HEAR about them come May??? and June??? or July!!!!!!and so on???) Thats what I thought....
#12. last but not least make sure you have your escape routes well planned and plenty of good excuses pre-thought up.......this will make for smoother fishing trips (and relationship with loved ones) if you have good planning AHEAD of time and not the same old lame last minute blurbs you came up with last time you were in "hot water"!!!!!

SPECIAL BONUS STEP: Due to the fact that #12 is NOT fool proof it is always a wise decision to start building that dog house and have it properly stocked with all your needs ....JUST in case.....

Hows that sound eh???

Jenn
03-13-2001, 11:01 PM
wow......can you believe I actually took the time to think of and type all that?????? Dang........I must have it worse than I thought.....oh wait....it must have been the appetizer I had the other day....made me want MORE! :)

Sorry...really bored here....but then you should thank me because I am giving something to read! HA!HA!

OK REALLY going this time

JohnR
03-14-2001, 01:16 PM
Hey Jenn - nice list!!!

How about more economical ways to prep up for the season and ease the cabin fever:

Take your favorite rod/reel combo and wrap it in birthday or Christmas wrapping paper, put it into hard containers that won't damage. Go to the post office and mail it to yourself and act all suprised...

Stand on milk crates or tree stumps in your back yard and practice casting into trash barrels, tree limbs, the cat (remove hooks first), neighbors yard - I've seen people do this and it is beneficial... Sorta like the pass competition at the Pro-Bowl ' How many moving targets can Dan Marino hit with accuracy?'

Practice sleeping standing up...

Wear a drool catching Bib...