View Full Version : Trick knot or just a challenge?

Zeal
07-12-2017, 12:25 PM
I've tried this and I'm pretty stymied. How this guy pulls this off is beyond me but I'm very jealous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tG5YIU2Of4

Can anybody else tie that?

Guppy
07-12-2017, 01:41 PM
I dun no...
But I'm going to try,,, I like it :-)
Thanks
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Got Stripers
07-12-2017, 04:53 PM
I do most of my pre-rigging over 2-3 good IPA's with 6% alcohol, so that one is outside my usual routine; maybe over coffee and a really clear head.

JFigliuolo
07-12-2017, 05:14 PM
I use a different (easier) technique. But end up in the same spot.

fishgolf
07-12-2017, 06:24 PM
I use a different method too, but like how he keeps the twist in the loop to provide some stiffness to keep the teaser away from the main line...
and, who has time to figure this stuff out??

Sea Dangles
07-12-2017, 08:47 PM
This is one of the easy ones, great for fluking. Animated knots people

MAKAI
07-12-2017, 09:20 PM
How to complicate a super easy knot to do.

piemma
07-13-2017, 07:20 AM
I use a different method too, but like how he keeps the twist in the loop to provide some stiffness to keep the teaser away from the main line...

I do also. I use a system that Dave Hammock of Murats taught me 30 years ago. Has always worked without any slippage.

Raider Ronnie
07-13-2017, 08:41 AM
How to complicate a super easy knot to do.

I disagree.
After a few fish a dropper loop is usually junk or all twisted up making it less effective.

MAKAI
07-13-2017, 02:43 PM
I tend to only use about a 2-3 inch loop with 60 or 80 leader, last pretty long groundfishing. For lighter leader I can see the point.

Jenn
07-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Looks nice but honestly I started loosing focus just watching the video, even though I was intrigued....:conf: I'm good at about three knots I know well (but dont ask me their proper names either, LOL!) and can usually get by with one of the three so I stick with what I know and what I trust!

MakoMike
07-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Easy knot to tie with lots of different methods to do it, I don't like that extra twisty loop.

Zeal
07-17-2017, 12:52 PM

THANK YOU! That is the one thing I just can't get my head around! I can tie it using my teeth and just wrapping instead of twisting. But how he can do it reliably blows my mind.

What are the other methods you other guys use? I can't seem to get the loop to stand completely straight out and be *ahem* stiff.