View Full Version : Surf guy

Guppy
07-14-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm not much of a surf guy but admire the hell out of u's guys that know what cha doing...

I have a spot that I almost never miss going to before hauling out on my way in from a particular ramp.. Creeps in, heaves out a mac, bow to the beach, wind building like crazy behind me..

Looks down the beach a ways and here come a guy with all the gear, he's walking like he owns the place, traverses a bolder field like it was a sidewalk, gets by it, heads into the water , I'm thinking this guy is going to wade right over his head, NOT, jumps up on a rock that's submerged he must have know was there and he went to business.

This guys casting made pro golfers swing look like a joke...

Doing everything I can to keep from running aground with the building stiff wind and this guys getting smacked and just kept on plugging...

Who ever it was, thanks for the show, and I'll admit it, I'm jealous as hell,,, oh if I was younger! :-)

JohnR
07-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Hahaha - when you are casting your eel and you notice someone is standing on a rock PAST the end of your cast ; )

Ian
07-14-2017, 06:34 PM
I had to start carrying a brighter light in a couple spots because you can get in vulnerable positions in those boulder fields when boats are around... I have felt like they have been close to hitting me but at night I think the proximity is closer than it seems
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

numbskull
07-15-2017, 04:50 AM
Sucks so bad to make the effort to get to a difficult spot then have a boat turn up in your puss.

Guppy
07-15-2017, 05:03 AM
I was there first and kept my distance......
His shots skirted the field,,,, he'd never pull a fish out from wher my bait was...
Been there!
I managed a 15-20# der after unwrapping from around a couple....

George, how's your boat coming
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device