View Full Version : Beautiful Night

Got Stripers
08-01-2017, 09:31 PM
Just finished fileting a couple nice tog and two sea bass, tomorrow night will be yummy eating. Hit the ledges out in front of Gooseberry Point late pm, nobody around but me and hundreds of terns working the bait the schoolies were on after the tide and rip set up. The hardest part for me aside from maintaining station in my kayak, was ignoring the terns because I came to catch some good eaters. After weeding through a dozen tog to get a couple keepers and adding two chunky sea bass, I let myself have some fun with the schoolies and they were everywhere.

For me it was business as usual, a light rod, 3/8oz Kalin Ultimate jig head and one of my Ledge Runner 4" split tails in olive with some gold glitter. The tog are tricky to finesse with plastic, but there are always some more aggressive ones at the head of the rip, but it takes a subtle approach with the light jig. I hope the funny fish make a showing soon, I'd love to add them to the mixed bag off that point.

Guppy
08-02-2017, 02:31 AM
Great fun right there,,, nice one Bob... Egg and panko! LOL
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma
08-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Lousy morning for fishing. Incoming tide and SW wind makes Narr bay "lumpy". Marked tons of fish but no takers after 3 hours of runnin' and gunnin'. Still nice to be out.

What I have noticed is there are very, very few guys fishing. Clammer said the same thing.

Clammer
08-02-2017, 09:37 AM
including me ><<>:conf:

Guppy
08-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Just back from Monomoy,,, found some that wouldn't eat around the corner,,,
Got beat up coming back, I think I hate Nantucket sound, really! :-)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device