many are the normal poppers, bottles and needlefish
with some of the large danny's

All feedback is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Rob

chefchris401
08-15-2017, 12:08 AM
Mak angler or gear up 3 tube would be a great place to start and affordable

From there you have ebbpoint (back with new owner) and flatlander, both can be customized and sky's the limit with options, expect a higher price tag as well.

Stay away from the standard aquaskinz or most of the entry level bags, nothing but headaches

I use a 2 or 3 tube depending on where and what I'm fishing, for the surf/wetsuit

If you don't feel comfortable limiting yourself to say 6-8 (2 tube) and 8-14 (3 tube) a 4 tube is great. That's what I started with and once I got more comfortable and confident in less plugs I scaled back.

For the $$ the mak angler bags are tough to beat for a new bag. Wetsuited and did all my other fishing with a 3 tube for 3 seasons and never one issue.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

johnny ducketts
08-15-2017, 07:14 AM
If you can swing it, Flatlander. I bought mine 3 years ago customized the way I want, and it still looks new. Jamie is top notch, and that bag won't leave the shop until it's truly what you want.

I'm sure the other custom bag makers are the same as well. It's all a matter of preference, however.

DZ
08-15-2017, 07:46 AM
Here is something I wrote a number of years ago about surf bags. The very last paragraphs have what to look for in a bag.

albythereforyou
08-15-2017, 08:05 AM
nice read DZ!

I have a cheapo $25 supreme 3 tube little guy i use for wetsuitting, i love how small and light it is. for 25 bucks you can't go wrong.

I also have a big 2 row 6 tube bag from the surfcaster in milford. I rarely use both rows, I usually just have one insert it. But the two inserts are nice for those long fall days in which you might need all sorts of plugs.

I'm pretty sure the bag from the surfcaster will outlive me. Its built like a tank.

ct_fisher
08-15-2017, 08:20 AM
Thanks all .. lots of research to do ..but again as always great forum and knowledgeable folks

Thanks again

Yudi
08-15-2017, 09:01 AM
I have a Shimano Blue Wave and I have been pleasantly surprised by it. It's a frugal buy at $70 but it has held up over 5 years.

No positive locking snap closure though, just heavy duty velcro which I haven't had a problem with, but that's one thing I could see as negative.

tattoobob
08-15-2017, 03:43 PM
I have never had any head aches with the 2 Aqua skinz bags I have and I've had them sense the line came out, not sure how the new bags are but the ones I have have stood the test of time

chris L
08-15-2017, 05:11 PM
I have never had any head aches with the 2 Aqua skinz bags I have and I've had them sense the line came out, not sure how the new bags are but the ones I have have stood the test of time

Exactly Bob !!!
I am tough on mine all the time and still works well and looks good .
I have heard others say the AquaSkinz are not made as well as they used too be > Wonder if they sent the manufacturing over seas ? I am in no way bashing or suggesting they did .

ct_fisher I would take the advice from those that have gotten bags more recently .

Oh yeah Bob when you do what she likes to do , you benefit down the road when you say Honey I would like to go fishing .

boot man
08-16-2017, 10:28 AM
I have a Shimano Blue Wave and I have been pleasantly surprised by it. It's a frugal buy at $70 but it has held up over 5 years.

No positive locking snap closure though, just heavy duty velcro which I haven't had a problem with, but that's one thing I could see as negative.

Same here. I'm a little thrifty.

tattoobob
08-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Oh yeah Bob when you do what she likes to do , you benefit down the road when you say Honey I would like to go fishing .

So true

pbadad
08-17-2017, 05:50 AM
Rob all very good suggestions . I've had most of the brands. The Mac bags for the price offer a great value. The high end brands are built like a tank but for me now as I don't frequent the suds as I use to, have a 2 & 3 tube Mac.