View Full Version : The September Moon

DZ
09-06-2017, 12:02 PM
And the mullet have started to leave the ponds :D
That is all.

ProfessorM
09-06-2017, 01:35 PM
And hopefully the albies will inundate the the tin boat areas.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Zeal
09-06-2017, 01:43 PM
I thought they leave due to a cold front or a string of cold nights? Maybe that is just my area. I have yet to see them this year at all. Snappers are all over though.

DZ
09-06-2017, 02:06 PM
I thought they leave due to a cold front or a string of cold nights? Maybe that is just my area. I have yet to see them this year at all. Snappers are all over though.

We had some cool nights here recently. I'm further north than you. Early for us.

rphud
09-06-2017, 04:23 PM
I've been wonderin', time to tie some up.

bassballer
09-07-2017, 06:19 AM
Great time of year. Theres a pic in a old OTW of Rudy, Robby, and me standing on a rock with schools of mullet, and bunker 360 deg around us, and a 30 hanging on Rudys belt. Maybe my favorite surfcasting day ever. Still remember leaving work sick and fishing for 12 hours.

DZ
09-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Current action reminds me of an astute comment from my good friend Ed B;
"How many do you want to catch?"

ProfessorM
09-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Nuts over the moon here again

bobber
09-08-2017, 12:25 PM
even a smattering of fish in the LIS area now too.... and that's a bigg improvement

ProfessorM
09-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Off the charts again past few days. 3 ring circus this weekend. Good time to go look for Albert

fishbones
09-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Off the charts again past few days. 3 ring circus this weekend. Good time to go look for Albert

I stopped there to check it out after fishing another spot and couldn't believe how many people were there at 0400 this morning.

Rob Rockcrawler
09-08-2017, 07:52 PM
I had a memorable night with the mullet run maybe 7 years ago. Just about a fish a cast for a couple hours, mostly 14-15lb blues and bass to about 10 pounds. They were in thick, i killed one when getting out of the surf, stepped on him and then realized how much bait there really was.

piemma
09-09-2017, 04:22 AM
About 10 years ago RIRockhound and I had a memorable night on the reef at Weakapaug. Mullet were in the rocks and we crushed fish from 15 to 20# for hours. If I recall correctly, it was a 5 to7" Chicken Scratch Bomber and a Bone Redfin that worked best

jettyjockey18
09-09-2017, 02:52 PM
I stopped there to check it out after fishing another spot and couldn't believe how many people were there at 0400 this morning.

i got there with my son at 4:30am mid canal and was just dumbfounded by the crowds...walked a couple of telephone poles and finally just politely wedged in...

RIROCKHOUND
09-09-2017, 05:36 PM
About 10 years ago RIRockhound and I had a memorable night on the reef at Weakapaug. Mullet were in the rocks and we crushed fish from 15 to 20# for hours. If I recall correctly, it was a 5 to7" Chicken Scratch Bomber and a Bone Redfin that worked best

That was a good week with a ton of fish. Same week as the infamous dorsal snagged gator blue.. Just told eben that story this am...

shadow
09-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Not sure just how long ago but maybe 6 or so years ago I was fishing a beach just east of an outflow and wasn't doing anything I decided to walk to the outflow as there was a sm crowd and want to see what was doing . Well there were a decent amount of 20s on the rocks. I was still about to walk or try the back ,but I bumped into pat v from my club and he convinced me to make one cast . First cast a 30# fish and every cast after that I landed a 20 or better for at least 3 hrs guys left and new guys came but no one was hooking up like my yellow super strike darter finally after hrs of it I stoped only after my last five cast, 3 of them came back unanswered and I left that bite was fueled by the September moon and Mullet never forget that night bc I was about to act to good for the breachway and it turned into one of my better nights