View Full Version : Good Luck with Irma

nightfighter
09-09-2017, 06:33 AM
Wishing any and all in the path of Irma the best. Please let someone here know your plans and check in after? I can't even remember what members live down there.......

Be safe

JohnR
09-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Dave P - Fishaholic is hunkering down near Vero Beach

Know many people outside of here that are running (smart) and some hunkering (not smart depending on location)

PaulS
09-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Sister-in-law is right outside of Tampa and not leaving. My wife is pissed at her rightfully so
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Poncho
09-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Good buddy is in Cape Coral he drive up to kissamee his neighbor is a fire fighter and is staying. Crazy bastard

chefchris401
09-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Crazy Alberto and Paul paco live down there, both staying

Wife's cousin lives in Naples, they're staying and are well equipped and house is boarded up already.

Looks like it's going to get crazy

nightfighter
09-10-2017, 12:30 PM
I really have to question why the airlines did not change out equipment and bring in 747s to Florida airports in order to handle more people looking to get out......

I have already looked into going down and setting up shop after the storm. Was considering doing this for a nine month period. After going into the Fla.gov site, I found there is no reciprocity with regards to my license.

Just saw a video from Bahamas showing that the water had been drained out by storm surge. Looked like the films of that tsunami from a few years back... Crazy forces of nature.

spence
09-10-2017, 01:39 PM
I really have to question why the airlines did not change out equipment and bring in 747s to Florida airports in order to handle more people looking to get out......

I think Delta did just this. Most airlines added a lot of flights from what I understand.

piemma
09-10-2017, 05:07 PM
I may have to go. My brother has a million dollar home in Naples and he is in Greece on vacation for a month. he tried to get a flight but can't even get thru to Delta period.

He's afraid of looter and wants me to house sit with my arsenal. I have a concealed carry permit that is valid in all states, (except %^^&&$$@ Rhode Island) so I am good to go.

nightfighter
09-10-2017, 07:40 PM
I think Delta did just this. Most airlines added a lot of flights from what I understand.

You are correct. That plane and one owned by United are the last two 747s in the US fleet. Both to be retired by year end.

bart
09-11-2017, 10:13 AM
Complete devastation in the Middle Keys.

https://www.facebook.com/StormChasingVideo/videos/10155145687552695/

Mike P
09-11-2017, 02:24 PM

I have already looked into going down and setting up shop after the storm. Was considering doing this for a nine month period. After going into the Fla.gov site, I found there is no reciprocity with regards to my license.

Just saw a video from Bahamas showing that the water had been drained out by storm surge. Looked like the films of that tsunami from a few years back... Crazy forces of nature.

Very few US airlines are still flying 747s. Most have gone to more fuel efficient twin jets that have extended range, 767s and 777s, on international routes. Hell, there are 737s now that can fly BOS-LAX non-stop.