View Full Version : Double duty on the canal train !

MAKAI
09-11-2017, 07:18 PM
New sign of the times.

piemma
09-12-2017, 03:09 AM
New sign of the times.

I LOVE IT!!!

ProfessorM
09-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Haha
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
09-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Coming????

They're already here!!!!

nightfighter
09-12-2017, 11:45 AM
I know its crazy there when the delivery guy from Bernie and Phyl's is telling me I should be going to the Cape Cod Canal, after seeing my artwork and a couple reels on the counter.......

I asked him if he was getting any albies and he had no idea what I was talking about.

bobber
09-12-2017, 12:07 PM
against my better judgment, I went up Saturday night with PaulS- arrived at MN and tried to sleep for a few hours. started off on bikes at 3AM- the "sea of humanity" was incredible- people everywhere- lying on the ground, along the banks, in chairs, one guy even had a folding table set up and was making camp. moved to the quietest area we could find and started fishing- at one point we were both landing fish, and a group of 4 Asian guys sets up in between us; only 1 guy was actually fishing. the others were creeping around on the rocks and making cell phone calls (at 4AM). the next thig I know, one of them has snuck down behind me as I'm releasing a fish and says "meester, meester- you give me feesh?" I told him he's gotta catch his own.....

about 10 minutes later he gets one from the guy 50 yards down from me......

MAKAI
09-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Those guy look at the canal as a free food source, they'll suck the life out of it. Rules don't apply, I watch them turn over rocks to even take the little crabs. Human commorants.

DZ
09-12-2017, 12:31 PM
T Human commorants.

Hilarious :rotflmao:

bobber
09-12-2017, 12:35 PM
I like to think of them as ravens.....

never seen so many Asian people in one area ever before...

heard more languages being spoken than I have in a long time too....

MAKAI
09-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Sunday morning was epically insane.
Reminded me of my grade school geography text book covers.
Every time the refugee vulture bike posse would go by, I'd start singing we are the world.
I was hoarse by late morning.

ThrowingTimber
09-12-2017, 02:05 PM
I love the sound of 12 year old 50 pound mono coming off plastic reels 😂 In the dark 😃

Slipknot
09-12-2017, 07:05 PM
They could ban fishing from the canal shore also and I would not have a problem with that after seeing stuff this year.

macojoe
09-12-2017, 08:00 PM
I go down to the Canal every morning sit in my truck and watch. Last few weeks a few nice fish going by!! I just wish I could fish.:splat:

wdmso
09-13-2017, 03:58 AM
not sure how people dont have an issue with 300 com boats on Monday and Thursday 15 fish a boat or 822,154..LBS and 22,000 over quota

But have an issue with people fishing the Canal taking their 1 fish

or is the real issue whos taking fish and fishing at the Canal ?

MAKAI
09-13-2017, 05:57 AM
It's not who is taking one fish, it's the taking of more than one, or sub legal. When you bring 5 guys who sit on the bank smoking cigarettes and one guy fished you are stretching the interpretation of the law. Or having a couple of toddlers fishing ( wink wink ).
Fish running back to cars in the dark, I could go on ad nauseam....
Climbing on your back because you are hooked up and leaving all the trash is just more sauce for the goose.

PaulS
09-13-2017, 06:44 AM
It's not who is taking one fish, it's the taking of more than one, or sub legal. When you bring 5 guys who sit on the bank smoking cigarettes and one guy fished you are stretching the interpretation of the law. Or having a couple of toddlers fishing ( wink wink ).

That is exactly what I saw this past weekend.

Swimmer
09-13-2017, 06:53 AM
Hilarious :rotflmao:

Frickin awesome

Mike P
09-13-2017, 02:00 PM
not sure how people dont have an issue with 300 com boats on Monday and Thursday 15 fish a boat or 822,154..LBS and 22,000 over quota

But have an issue with people fishing the Canal taking their 1 fish

or is the real issue whos taking fish and fishing at the Canal ?

Lots of people looked the other way for, or even supported, a well-known lure maker who got caught with 5 fish---"he made a mistake". Like the very first time he ever poached, he got caught. :rollem:

Dozens of shore commercials stacking fish on closed days, or stacking more than 2 on an open day, all 20-50 pounds? Hey, they're good guys, just got carried away. Immigrant takes a 25" fish to feed his family, hang the bastard.

Nebe
09-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Lots of people looked the other way for, or even supported, a well-known lure maker who got caught with 5 fish---"he made a mistake". Like the very first time he ever poached, he got caught. :rollem:

Dozens of shore commercials stacking fish on closed days, or stacking more than 2 on an open day, all 20-50 pounds? Hey, they're good guys, just got carried away. Immigrant takes a 25" fish to feed his family, hang the bastard.

Just goes to show how much blood everyone has on their hands in regards to poaching

Guppy
09-13-2017, 03:36 PM
Drove by on the way to westport this morn... Standing room only at the run parking lot...

Got Stripers
09-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Greed and lack of any sense of right or wrong.